GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower?

/ GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower? #1  

Brent C.

Does anyone have any experience with a MMM with the Grand L series? In all the Kubota brochures it shows a GL3940HST with the mmm. I personally like the mmm vs. the rear finish mower for mowing my lawn. I like ALL the features of the GL series but would like some insight as to the practicality of a machine of this weight for mowing? I am in the market for an upgrade and would like the largest Kubota available with the mid pto. Many thanks:)

/ GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower? #2  
What other tasks do you have in mind for your tractor? I ask because you would definately want turf tires to mow - R4's or ag's will leave marks and maybe even divets. I was considering a rear-mount finsih mower but I ended up with my L5030 and a zero-radius turn mower.

-Brian

/ GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower?
Thanks for the reply. This will be a multiple use tractor. I would want R-4's due to the additional tasks - ie: maintaining a 400' gravel drive, tilling, bushhoging roughly 2 additional acres and some landscaping. I would be concerned that the turf tires would not be up for the challenge. I currently have a 2000 Kubota B2710 tractor, R-4's, 72"mmm and LA 402 loader. I don't seem to have any real issues with tearing up the lawn currently with my R-4 tires. I mow roughly 3 to 4 acres. My B2710 tractor does all I ask it to but I would enjoy something larger! My biggest concern with the GL3940 is its weight for mowing but that may not need to be a concern?? Any additional thoughts would be appreciated. Many thanks.

/ GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower? #4  
I think the GL with R4's will tear up your grass - much heavier. How about this - get the 3940 for the other stuff and keep the B for mowing!?

2 Kubotas would be great!!! Unfortunately, the task at hand would only dictate one machine. I may just have to rethink my mission and keep the B2710! A great tractor but like anyone - bigger appears to be better - maybe NOT!!
Many thanks!

/ GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower? #6  
Hey Brent, I recently purchased the 3940 with the MMM. It is a mowin machine. we mow approximately 6 acres of Bermuda, looks like a golf course, and with the loader off the tires wont hurt the grass. I also have a 93' B7100hst with a 60" mmm, which I thought I would keep for mowing the yard, but....... I also use the 3940 for mowing around our 30 acre tree farm. This thing is a beast. I can get into some pretty tall Johnson grass which we usually Bush Hog, and it cuts it with now problems.

Well that is my two cents worth.

My new purchase includes: L3940, Cab, LA724, RC72-38, Aux front remote hydraulics, TnT, 84" Box Blade, 84" Hyd. Rear Blade (angle, tilt and offset).

Kevin, I appreciate the info. What type of tires do you have on your new GL3940? I personally like the mmm as I don't want to keep looking back with the RFM! Also, is it a HST?? and if so how do you like it?? I would like to discuss with you further before I take the plunge!! Your comments are greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Brent:)

/ GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower? #8  
Brent, I have R4's. I went for the MMM for kind of the same reason, we do alot of mowing between rows of trees and to be able to just glance down and see what the deck is doing is really nice. plus the mower will track the same as the tractor. Yes, the tractor is the HST, I love this machine. When I was shopping for tractors at the Dealer, I thought most of the new stuff (auto throttle, stall guard, etc.) was just a bunch of smoke. Man was I wrong.
Kevin

Kevin, ALL of your comments are greatly appreciated. I will keep you posted on a future purchase. I would like to keep in touch just as a good reference on how your tractor is performing!! I may e-mail you on occassion to discuss any questions pertaining to the GL3940. Again, many thanks. Brent:)

/ GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower? #10  
Sure Brent, contact me anytime. I also have several photos that I have taken since day one of ownership..... Im in the process of building a landscape fork (bucket) with a grapple.
Kevin