Making the BX guys jealous

/ Making the BX guys jealous #11  
With the price of scrap these days, it might be a profitable investment.

/ Making the BX guys jealous #12  
Does anyone else wonder what would happen if you had 500lbs lifted in the front bucket and got off the seat? Maybe that's why they have all those rear tires and weights.

/ Making the BX guys jealous #13  
bet if you try to find an original loader for that little tractor you'd find out why he thinks its worth 2k+. Those old suburbans are tough little tractors, much like the old cub cadets. Agreed though, price is high unless youve been dying to get one with the loader.

DuaneW.

/ Making the BX guys jealous #15  
Ya know, if you look at that website posted by TalonDancer, those restored machines look pretty good.

Don't get me wrong, I love my BX23. But I'll always have a soft spot for old machinery, 'specially them old Gravely's...

Don't know if my Kubota will ever be considered "classic iron."

Pat

/ Making the BX guys jealous #16  
"Classic Iron"??? That thing looks like some barbaric mutation of a matchbox car and a cricket. That's probably why crazy creations like this are never seen or heard of...the only way they even exist is the ONE guy in 1963 that bought the floor model off of Sears for 75% off after it sat there in all its shining blue/white glory for 7 years without ANYONE ELSE wasting a greenback on it. Can't fathom that a lot of these were made.

God bless the person that tries to lift 500# with that thing. That is _____ scary looking. Insert whatever word you want in there...it aint enough.

I pray I'm able to drive my tractor in 30/40 years and I REALLY pray it looks better to folks then than that one looks to me now.

/ Making the BX guys jealous #17  
KeithInSpace said:
"Classic Iron"??? ...
I REALLY pray it looks better to folks then than that one looks to me now.

Eh, it doesn't have to look pretty to perform. Here's my 34 year old tractor that will probably last another 34 years!

Attachments

• 20050923d.jpg
    20050923d.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 137
   / Making the BX guys jealous #19  
LBrown59 said:
What kind is it?:cool:
I have a 40 year old and a 41 year old Bolens.

Well, I've been calling it a Wheel Horse D-180, but I've recently learned I've been calling it wrong. :rolleyes: It's a Wheel Horse 18 Auto, which is what preceded the D-Series (but is still part of the D family) before it was broken out into 3 different models. I guess I should go update my signature.

How's the Bolens? I've kinda always wanted one - not sure why. Maybe because they're white.

Last edited:
   / Making the BX guys jealous #20  
KeithInSpace said:
Classic Iron"??? That thing looks like some barbaric mutation of a matchbox car and a cricket. That's probably why crazy creations like this are never seen or heard of...the only way they even exist is the ONE guy in 1963 that bought the floor model off of Sears for 75% off after it sat there in all its shining blue/white glory for 7 years without ANYONE ELSE wasting a greenback on it. Can't fathom that a lot of these were made.

Actually these things have somewhat of a following. My buddy's dad had one and it actually appeared to be well constructed and engineered for it's intended purpose. He claimed it would lift a full bucket of gravel, and would push and pull like **** with tire chains and wheel weights. He used it hard for years and it held together. He sold it for $1500, even with a blown engine.
You know, there are many who would look at your little BX with a 6 foot backhoe and proclaim it to be worthless for any sort of work, even though you and I know it's a very well made, capable little machine. I submit that 35 years ago, this "barbaric mutation of a matchbox car and a cricket" was also a well made, capable little machine for it's time.