Looking at trading in m5040 for 7040 need advice...

/ Looking at trading in m5040 for 7040 need advice... #1  

leeinmemphis

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 5040 with FEL
Hey everyone,

I have a m5040 open air tractor, 4x4, standard shift, with 2 remotes on the rear and one on the loader for a grapple bucket. The tractor has about 110 hours on it and is the right sized tractor for my farm. I am currently looking at trading it in on a cab/air tractor and the dealer is telling me that he has a 7040 shuttle shift trans 4x4 on the lot that he can get me into for about a $15k difference with the same remotes I currently have and also taking my front end loader to use on the new tractor. Would this be a fair price to upgrade to a 7040?

The only other thing that I will need is a subframe for my woods backhoe because I don't imagine that the 5040 subframe that I have will fit the 7040.

/ Looking at trading in m5040 for 7040 need advice...
I went ahead and did the trade. Going to get it either tomorrow of Saturday.......Got a few extras thrown in that made the deal a little sweeter.

/ Looking at trading in m5040 for 7040 need advice... #3  
Lee - be sure to post some pictures so that we can live vicariously through you :)

/ Looking at trading in m5040 for 7040 need advice... #4  
Lee: I also upgraded to a 7040 open deck recently from an MX5000. Good move on both our parts. The 7040 is a hoss and you won't be disappointed. Can't say about the price as don't know the hours/year model. Low I expect as they haven't been around too long. Are the rear tires fluid filled?....would recommend that. Has the 7040 undergone the 50 hr fluid changes? Sometimes I think I could have gone with the 8540, guess the orange is in my blood. enjoy bb

The 7040 is a new tractor and I don't think the tires are fluid filled. This will be my 4th Kubota......I'm kind of hooked on them as well.

/ Looking at trading in m5040 for 7040 need advice... #7  
Most of our tractors sold are getting three sets of rear wheel weights and working fine. For those that don't want them sticking just beyond the tires we are mounting one on the inside and two on the outside to be nearly flush.

They are suppose to deliver it tomorrow if the 3rd function valve assembly got installed today. I'll probably just try it without the wheel weights until it needs the first service. If it needs them then I'll probably have them installed then. I also asked about the air ride seat kit and said that it could be installed for $400. If this seat is like the one in my 5040 then I'll probably go ahead and try to get it put on when the first service is done as well. thanks again.