Pulled the trigger!

/ Pulled the trigger! #1  

mandtandk

New to me, an L3130 HST, 530 hrs., 4WD, LA723 FEL, 6' BB. I've owned a Chinese tractor (25 horse Agracat) for 3 years, and finally got tired of fixing broken things. I bought my new tractor from a buddy looking to upgrade. My first question, of many, is; he did his own mantainance after his warrenty expired, and service inspect indicator is lit. How do you turn off the light? Also, what is the Grand L series? My tractor has the digital dash. Is it a Grand? What other differences are there?
I love reading this site, and even more pleased to be a part of it now.

Thanks in advance.

M

/ Pulled the trigger! #2  
To clear the wrench reset the lamp as follows. Keep pushing both display mode switch and traveling mode switch for 2 seconds or more while in HOUR METER mode... Hope this helps. I sold my Jinma for the same reason. No problems since...

/ Pulled the trigger! #3  
Mandtankd, If it's a 3130 it's a Grand L 3130 HST. Nice tractor and be safe! Congrats. Go Orange!!!

/ Pulled the trigger!
Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to using my "new" tractor. I think this one's a keeper.

M

/ Pulled the trigger! #5  
After six years and two Jinmas I bought a L3400. Now I spend more time on the tractor then working on the tractor! The first thing you will notice is turn key engine fires! Have fun!

/ Pulled the trigger!
Amen brother. My Agracat was a real pain to start in the winter. I think the key, like others have posted a number of times, is to really evaluate what you will use the tractor for before you buy. I build homes and move alot of dirt, rock, sand etc... I almost wore through the BB handle by it rubbing on the side of the handle gaurd. The Agracat just wasn't heavy duty enough for the job. That said, it did last 3 years and I did get my money's worth out of it. My wife sat on my L3130 last night, started it up and was very impressed with the upgrade, so all is well in my world today.

M

/ Pulled the trigger! #7  
I,ve got about 150 hours on my 3130 and the only problem I had was it wouldn't go into float. Had some moisture in the joystick controller and they replaced it free under warranty. Definitely a pleasure to have a piece of machinery you know you can depend on. All big threes are nice and I think they are all worth the extra money you spend for them. I'd rather be working with them then fixing them as I don't have a lot of extra time on my hands. I turn the key, get the job done and park it until next time and I know it will run when I'm ready to work it again. Just my opinion.

/ Pulled the trigger!
Today I had some wood delivered to a job site. The guy that brought the wood said, "lets put it here, but put some of that dirt here first to kind of fill in a low spot". So I jump on my "new" tractor to comply. Well, my last tractor was a standard shift model and my L3130 is
HST. Having ZERO work time on my "new" one made for an interesting adventure. It didn't help that my old tractor's FEL controls are the opposite of my Kubota's. Well the hole got filled and the ground leveled, but not without a few choice words. I love the tractor, but I think my learning curve will be a bit steep at first until I unlearn all of my automatic movements. Oh well, more seat time!

M

/ Pulled the trigger! #9  
I dunno.... what about reversing the hydraulic connections... would that make the motion fit your automatic reflexes?? If your FEL has quick connects, as mine does, might be simple to try it.

/ Pulled the trigger!
Yeah, I already talked to my local dealer about that. No problem as long as I don't switch the sides. So that's good news, and I got a free hat!

Thanks

M