HST PLUS vs 2006 HST vs 2000 HST

/ HST PLUS vs 2006 HST vs 2000 HST #1  

geedub

Silver Member
I've mostly been looking for a used tractor (for my girlfriend), but I might be able to steer her into a new Kubota. If you want to see details about her (tractor) needs they're in this thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...s/107856-city-boy-shopping-first-tractor.html

If it comes down to new vs used Kubota I'm curious what you all think about the new HST + compared to the previous HST tranny.

I just heard about a 2000 L4610 HST with 500 hours on it that sounds good, and I'm wondering how much they might have changed from 2000 - 2006.

Thanks.

/ HST PLUS vs 2006 HST vs 2000 HST #3  
I've owned Hand shakers/5 spds.,HST, HSD, VSD. Now I have a HST+.
The New HST+, is pretty much a 6 spd auto.
You Select Low/Med/Hi. Then you have 2 speeds in each setting ie You select med. tractor starts moving in 3rd gear and automatically shifts to 4th gear. Or you can select to shift yourself by flicking a lever. ie start in med 3rd gear and when you want you flick the lever and your in 4th. Then you can flick it the other way and your back into 3rd.
The HST plus also has stall guard. And Auto throttle, which I find very handy. At engine idle 850 RPM you simply depress the pedal and the trans accelerates the engine RPM"s up to the needed amount to maintain the speed/ load you desire.

/ HST PLUS vs 2006 HST vs 2000 HST #4  
geedub,

I too was looking at used tractors last year with a budget of about 18K but I wasn't able to find one locally. I stopped by the Kubota dealer looking for a good used machine and with the 0% financing ended up ordering exactly what I wanted. I read in one of your other posts that someone suggested having some logging done. I did this a few years ago and was amazed at what I received in return. Just something to think about.
Good luck

/ HST PLUS vs 2006 HST vs 2000 HST #5  
geedub said:
71 views and nothing. You all are worse than the NH clan.:p
QUOTE]
I think you should think what you just wrote., How long has HST plus been out in public? Two months, and how many are sold and have hundreds of hours where someone could answer this? I think your 71 view remark is uncalled for.

/ HST PLUS vs 2006 HST vs 2000 HST
Double Orange, HST+ looks great with the features you mentioned. I got a quote of $25K for a new L4740 HST+ w/ LA854 FEL which seems like a good price. If Cindy ends up buying a new tractor it will probably be that one.

rpraymond, we just had a pond site cleared but unfortunately timber prices are very depressed in our part of the country. At least we'll have a pond!:D

LarryRB, I thought the tone of my comment was obviously friendly, sorry if I offended you. Forums are tricky to communicate on because you can't "read" a person's face. I punctuated my statement with a smiley to indicate that I wasn't really upset or disappointed, and I was just teasing. If you were going to associate with me in person you would have to adjust to being teased like this, it's the way of my people.:rolleyes:

/ HST PLUS vs 2006 HST vs 2000 HST #8  
geedub said:
Double Orange, HST+ looks great with the features you mentioned. I got a quote of $25K for a new L4740 HST+ w/ LA854 FEL which seems like a good price. If Cindy ends up buying a new tractor it will probably be that one.

If you plan on financing it thru Kubota you might want to fill out application today. 10/31/07. I understand J.Deere dropped the 0% X 36mo. Kubota might follow. I believe if you fill out application during sale/promotion period Kubota will give you a brief extention.

Frank

/ HST PLUS vs 2006 HST vs 2000 HST
LBrown59 said:
This is a tractor board/not an instant gratification board.

You're entitled to your opinion LBrown59, but if you are not a moderator then you get one vote, just like me. I vote for instant gratification. :D :p :D