Just how expensive are Kubota parts?

/ Just how expensive are Kubota parts? #1  

JeremyL

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5000 & L3800
I have a new MX5000 on order so naturally have been excitedly telling the family. My sister-in-law says she knows someone who used to sell Kubotas and that he says that parts are more expensive than competitors'. Any truth to that?

On balance, an old friend told me he bought a Bota at an estate sale 10 years ago and has had to do nothing to it but routine lubrication maintainance. No parts needed. I like that opinion better.

-JL in the Bluegrass State who can't wait to get out there and cut some pasture.

/ Just how expensive are Kubota parts? #2  
Not expensive, readily available, they don't break anyway.
J

/ Just how expensive are Kubota parts? #3  
all depends on the part, but on the whole they are not more or less expensive than any of the other manufactures. plus u won't need all that many!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Just how expensive are Kubota parts? #4  
How much was the purchasing price on your new MX5000?

Over in these neck of the woods,a MX5000 w/L852 fel sells for $24,050.oo

/ Just how expensive are Kubota parts?
My deal is MX5000 with one rear remote, sunshade, and a 6' Bushhog Squealer 720, delivered for $15,100. I didn't price a FEL but this should give you an idea.

-JL

/ Just how expensive are Kubota parts? #6  
Parts prices are high across the board(color doesn't matter). If you take a broad range of different parts it'll average out. Just figure how long parts usually last on a compact tractor and figure it up to a daily average. It'll come out to a couple of cents or even fraction of a cent a day.

/ Just how expensive are Kubota parts? #7  
Jeremy, the regular replaceable items like filters are very reasonable. A brand new transmission is going to cost you a fortune. The good news is, you only change the filters every 100 to 200 hours and even at that, its pretty cheap. The transmission will never need replacing unless you drain all the oil from it, put plug back in and don't refill it. Point is, our 12 year old Kubota L4850 has had only one part replaced. The steering rod. I broke it, it was my fault, replaced the whole thing, tie rod ends included for about $50. I have found that with most tractors, the only parts you need are the typical wear items or filters, Rat...

/ Just how expensive are Kubota parts? #8  
Hi Jeremy - I'll chime in with Rat - Kubota's don't break unless you really abuse them - and they don't break then either.

Congratulations on your MX5000 !! Sounds like you got a great price. When will you have it? Bet it's hard waiting.

/ Just how expensive are Kubota parts? #9  
I bought a used mid-mount mower deck for a Kubota B2150. It had been used commercially and the 4 wheels were worn out. After removing them I discovered they had not been greased and the shafts were worn as well. I figured why not replace the entire spindle and wheel assemblies. I priced them at the dealer and the cost was about $840. for the set of 4! Needless to say the wheels were replaced with non-Kubota parts.

I bought a post hole digger this year. After a few holes one of the cutting teeth broke off. The bolt that held it on broke, since it was only a grade 2, and the tooth was lost. The place I got the post hole digger was a long drive away, and it was Saturday morning, so I went down to my local John Deere dealer for a new tooth. How expensive could they be, about 2" x 2.5" and 1/4" thick piece of steel with a mounting hole. The Deere guy says "we don't have any in stock because they are so expensive we order when people want them." I asked "how much" and he said "they come in a kit, 2 cutters, 2 bolts, 2 washers and 2 nuts for $52.00". I went to the dealer that sells Kubota and New Holland and bought New Holland teeth for $2.50 each.

Andy

/ Just how expensive are Kubota parts?
I guess the moral of your stories is:

It pays to shop around.

As my old, immigrant Grandmother used to say,
"Nothing for nothing, and darn little for a dollar."

And that was when a dollar was worth a lot more.

-JL