60 inch heavy duty tiller

/ 60 inch heavy duty tiller #1  

David USMC

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jd 345
My dealer stated that a 60 inch heavy duty tiller may be a bit much for a B series....better for the L series. Property constraints dont allow the bigger tractor...does anyone agree with the dealer.

/ 60 inch heavy duty tiller #2  
A couple of thoughts...

How much does it weigh? What are you going to be doing with it? How about a model number and manufacturer as my take on HD may be different than yours. I have not seen a HD tiller with a chain drive -- they all go back to gear drive for the HD versions. They are kinda expensive for the HD models unless you are going to till several acres. The main parameter for most people is to be able to till out all traces of the tractor tires either by being wide enough or being offset to one side.

In my rocky soil a 5 ft HD tiller would probably be pretty hard on your tractor with 1000# bouncing up, down, and sideways.

/ 60 inch heavy duty tiller #3  
David, I agree with Wen. You'd have to say what you're called "heavy duty" and what it weighs. Like Wen said you would prefer one wide enough to cover your rear tracks and any B series will handle one that wide, but maybe it wouldn't be what someone calls "heavy duty."

Bird