Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT!

/ Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT! #1  

GinNB

Gold Member
Tractor
2x Kubota M108S, M105S, 2x M9000, IH885, IH584, IH484, IH454, F3000, F3610, C50, JX70, Landini 5830, JD4630 sprayer
KubotaM108X_mini.jpg

/ Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT! #2  
Stealth mode..

/ Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT! #3  
Doesn't look like tire chains will be a problem on that one!

/ Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT! #4  
Love that first step, almost dragging the ground.... Can I hear "Low RY-der" playing in the background??? :D

/ Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT! #5  
I saw one of those several years ago. It must have been an experimental model!:D :D :D

Attachments

• Experimental model.jpg
    Experimental model.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 814
   / Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT! #6  
Have I been buying tires that are too large over the years?

/ Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT! #7  
Most likely, they get shipped to the US with those tires, so they fit in a container. Dealer mounts new tires/wheels, and sends the other ones back to K, or disposes of them if shipping is too much.

I used to work with imported Fiat tractors. At the time (30 yrs ago), they came shipped with rims, but no tires. They had 2x2" oak blocks banded around the outside of the wheel, so the tractor could be moved. We mounted tires and shipped them to dealers.

ron

/ Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT! #8  
This is the super low clearance "SLC" model designed for very high maintenance and parts purchasing.

As far as I know, which may not be much, Kubotas come from Japan in major assemblies such as tranny, engine, frame, ect. and then assembled most of the way in Georgia and shipped in big metal pallets for final assembly at dealer.

/ Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT!
RonR said:
Most likely, they get shipped to the US with those tires, so they fit in a container. Dealer mounts new tires/wheels, and sends the other ones back to K, or disposes of them if shipping is too much.
ron

Bingo. I saw this at a local dealer and thought it was hilarious so I snapped a pic with my phone camera. The dealer says that import duties are lower with a certain level of North American content so tires/wheels are sourced here. I imagine that you can cram more tractors into a container ship when they're shorter, too.

I didn't ask him about a wheel exchange program but I imagine that's what they do, either from Japan or the NA west coast if they put "shipping" wheels on them there to make 'em easier to move around.

/ Spy photo of new Kubota high power SCUT! #10  
Just saw the same thing at my dealer and questioned them about it. They use these tires for shipping use. With standard tires they are overheight for transporting on regular deck trailes. The normal tires are shipped at the same time as the tractor for final prep

Peter