B2320, B2620, and B2920

/ B2320, B2620, and B2920 #221  
Well, despite my reservations about the PTO, and the three piece hood etc., I ordered a B2620 today, with LA364 loader, 60"mmm, balast box, grill guard, and loaded tires. I was really considering the JD2320, but the lack of a three speed hydro meant that I would be stuck mowing my hills in low. The B2620 should allow me to fly through my yard work, and the loader should help me with all my landscaping plans. Kubota Canada has some promotions/price adjustments going on right now with the Canadian dollar being at par - which meant that the Kubota came in about $1,800 less than the JD. This was the deal breaker for me. My local JD dealer is first rate, but the JD2320 just didn't fit my needs. I'm looking forward to taking delivery of my new B2620 in May! Thanks to everyone for their help and comments.

/ B2320, B2620, and B2920 #222  
I have priced the new models with FEL and 60" mmm, the B2920 was $16,799 The B2620 about $900 less and the B2320 about $900 less than that. Also priced a JD 2520 equiped the same way and the price was $18,769 (although I have seen a price of $17,999 on the web). Two dealers were within $5 of each other on the B2920, neither has a mmm in stock yet. Both dealers are north of Pittsburgh. JD dealer is large multi dealer network who said they always can beat Kubota pricing, but not any more. I am going to purchase the B2920, once the mmm are in stock.

/ B2320, B2620, and B2920 #223  
i have been looking at the bx24's but now i am starting to think about a b2320. for a bx24 w/ fel and bh the price is around $15,700ish. i was wondering what the cost of a b2320 w/ fel and bh would cost. thanks

/ B2320, B2620, and B2920 #224  
Kurt,

It seems to depend on where you live. I live in Illinois and that setup can be had for a price in the $13,100 range. Hope that helps.

/ B2320, B2620, and B2920 #225  
jcaledon,

I've had my 2620 for a couple on months now, and the more I learn how to use it the more I'm impressed by it. For instance, I recived 40 cu yards of crushed shell (course sand consisting of naturally decomposed sea shell) this weekend for my driveway. It was wet upon delivery and although I asked the drivers to drive and drop as they go I ended up with 5 large piles. I was able to scoop up and redistribute those piles into smaller mangeable piles for back blading/box blading, doing it all in high gear at around 2100 RPM. The R4 tires would slip before the tractor would fail in that gear with that kind of load. It does have problems climbing hills in high, but mid works just fine. Enjoy your 2620!

/ B2320, B2620, and B2920 #226  
Kurt,
I'm gonna bet the $13,100 price given in comparison to the BX24 didn't include the backhoe which will be about $5600 here in TX. Thus, the B2320 w/ loader and backhoe at $18,700 is about $3,000 more than a BX24.

I've been looking at a B2620 with a little bigger loader than the B2320, but with the same BH65 backhoe. It priced out at $19,625. The loader for the B2620 lists for $360 more than the B2320 and the B2620 itself is $887 more. That 3 horsepower would cost me about $1100 more. PTO hp is actually a little more for the BX24 than the B2320, but the pump capacity is 2 gpm lower.

I'm looking at $15,000 even for a BX24 so the $4625 difference for the added hydraulic flow and PTO hp is beginning to look a little expensive. The B series is definitely a solid tractor for Kubota. I have an older B7100 that has done a lot of hard work without complaint. The BX24 is a solid proven workhorse and can do everything a lot of bigger machines can do albeit at a little slower pace. More weight and hp is usually a good thing in a tractor, but I guess, I'm talking myself into a BX24 with change left over for attachments. Got a B-day coming up and a new tractor would be a great gift to myself.

/ B2320, B2620, and B2920 #227  
Just be sure that BX24 isn't going to be too small in 3 months. Subcompacts seem to have a way of doing that. A big issue is ground clearance, so be sure the property you will be working isn't going to create clearance issues.

The new B's are definitely more machine than the little BX, and I've heard folks here say time and time again, pick your machine and then buy up one size. I thought the subcompact was going to be the one for me, probably because of the price, but it turned out to be way too small, and would have become even smaller on my new property.

Sit down and figure out the annual cost difference over a 10 year, 15 year, etc. period. If you end up buying a machine that you outgrow in 2-3 years, then it'll probably cost you quite a bit more to make the change then.

I only bring this up because you seem to be looking seriously at the B2320 & B2620, which is a hint that the BX may be a little too small for you. Also, I think the B2320 is more powerful overall, so that one might work for you, and the price difference may be more tolerable. Compare engine displacements and RPM power ratings - I bet the B2320 has more torque than the BX24, and it's not much heavier, either.

Just take your time and think it through as best you can. It'll save you money in the long run to buy a machine you can live with for a while.

/ B2320, B2620, and B2920 #228  
Bandit,

All excellent points. I think I have the specs on both machines memorized. I certainly agree the B2320 should be more powerful overall because of the engine displacement. After all, torque is probably a more important element than horsepower. However, displacement isn't always a telling factor. My experience with my B7100 w/ 46.5 cu in and 16hp compared to a neighbors BX2200 w/ 54.8 cu in and 22hp indicates my machine can outlift, outpush and outpull the BX2200. I can't explain why, but that's been my experience. I think I need to make some more dealer visits. Wish they had a big pile of dirt and demo machines available. Pick and then buy up one size is probably a good standard to follow. I sorta did that in picking the B2620 over the B2320. Another neighbor has a B7800 and now he's looking a little bigger.

/ B2320, B2620, and B2920 #229  
Bota2620,

That's great to hear that it can do that sort of work in high. I was seriously considering the JD2320, but the JD guys confirmed that high was useless for anything other than level transport, and I didn't want to have to do everything in low gear, which is pretty slow. The JD would have been a perfect tractor for me if it had a three speed hydro. But I'm really happy to have gone with the Kubota. The principal reservation that I had with the new B series related to the live PTO. My tractor isn't being delivered until May (we still have a lot of snow up here in Canada - this has been a really long winter), and I didn't get a chance to try that out at the dealer. Can you tell me how it works, how you like it etc., as compared (if you are able to do so) to the push button independent PTO that Deere has. I can see the pros and cons with the brake position being on the right side, as opposed to the Deere's. Also, how fast do you find the M gear to be when cutting grass or doing other work? I suspect that I will be doing just about everything in M gear. If you have the mower deck, is it easy to take on and off? I saw the video on the JD web site, and they made their drive over deck install/removal look so easy. Then I watched KVJohndeere's youtube video - didn't look as easy!! Hope the Kubota's at least as easy as the JD's. I have a lot of questions - maybe I should get them to deliver my tractor early, and I can play around with it in the garage, and answer my own questions - man I can't wait for this snow to melt so I can get out their and start working on my yard.