Kubota Snow Blower chute Controls

/ Kubota Snow Blower chute Controls #1  

AKKubota

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
I'm pricing out both a B3030 and B2920 w/ snow blower and more. The electric & hydro chute controls seem pricy. I need advice on getting them. I have a 300' drive and a 6 car parking area and get weekly snow here in Alaska. The tractor will be in a heated garage. I will also have arear blade for snow.

I know they would be nice, but...

/ Kubota Snow Blower chute Controls #2  
You definitely need the hydro chute rotator, but the electric chute angle control would be unnecessary unless you have to worry about how far you can throw the snow.

The local dealer quoted me $500 on the chute angle control, but I might build one myself. I saw someone on this forum who did their own and it looked great.

/ Kubota Snow Blower chute Controls #3  
Great lookin' machine.
I have a B7800 with a front end blower much like yours. I broke 3 shear bolts this morning. Have you had such a problem?

/ Kubota Snow Blower chute Controls
Steve, I look at your 3030 and I drool. Unfortunately, its on the extreme upper end of my price range and size wise it'll be tight. Thanks for the info on the chute rotator. I looked at your photos. I have strongly considered the JD stuff, but lack of rear end clearance and the 47" Snow blower turn me off.

/ Kubota Snow Blower chute Controls #5  
Be careful about using a "warm" snow blower. They will ice up as they cool off. Keep the blower outside and hook up when you need it

/ Kubota Snow Blower chute Controls #6  
chinawall said:
Great lookin' machine.
I have a B7800 with a front end blower much like yours. I broke 3 shear bolts this morning. Have you had such a problem?

I have been snowblowing for about 25 years and I have broken a few in my day, but not probably for 10 years. I do several things to avoid this problem:

- make sure that there is nothing in the way before the first snowfall.

- I run my SUV up and down the driveway (mostly gravel) after the first snowfall to pack things down.

- run the blower about an inch off the ground the first time for the year.

- clean off the snow after each use so that nothing impedes the augers and impellers the next time I use it. They do get a bit warm and if there is snow in chute or the bottom of the second stage cage it might melt, drop to the bottom, refreeze and then become a block for the impeller blades.

- and lastly I never stress the rig. This is a carryover from my belt driven blower days. If you pushed it too hard, the belt would wear out quickly. I go super slow if the snow load is heavy. I look at it this way. It will take a little longer to go slow, but it will take a lot longer to replace a shear pin.

/ Kubota Snow Blower chute Controls #7  
im in the process of building an electric rotator and chute control as i progress i will take pics and post im using a 12v window motor for the rotation and a 12v linear actuator for the chute

/ Kubota Snow Blower chute Controls #8  
   / Kubota Snow Blower chute Controls #9  
yes i like your side mount on the chute better,ill be changing that much easier than what i was doing:D