Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2007 Kubota BX24

Default Hard cab for BX24

Hi,
    Has anyone had any experience using a hard cab for a BX24? I am thinking about getting one but not sure how easy they are to get on and off and whether there is enough room in them. I am average size (though my wife insists I lose weight!). Also, does anyone know of a cab on the used market that would fit my tractor? Thanks.

Dennis

Tractor
    Kubota BX 2200

Default Re: Hard cab for BX24

Sims mfg a cab for a BX 24.

Sims Cab Depot - Kubota Compact Tractor Cab Enclosure - Models: BX2350, and BX24

I have a Sims Cab for my BX, here is a thread on how I take it off in the Spring and put it on in the Fall.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...dy-winter.html
    AKA Tom
    #28 World Series Champions for the Yankees in 2014
    Kubota BX 2200, FEL, 60" MMM with Gator Blades, 48" Kioti Aerator, M96 Herd Seeder, W.R. Long Tooth Bar, 48" First Choice Tiller, Kubota BX 2750 Front Snowblower, Sims Cab, MacKissic Chipper TPH 122, Carry All, Canopy, and Weight Box

Anyone built or installed a winter cab on their bx 24?

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by dokako View Post
    Anyone built or installed a winter cab on their bx 24?
    A cab would be nice for rain snow heat and cold.
    Do a search an C what you come up with.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    BX24

several posts on this.

curtis cab makes one that fits with ROPS conversion.

sims sells one that fits in front of the rops with removable back for backhoe operation. i don't like the look of it, though. not enough windows for good visibility.

several threads on various ways to build one yourself, though non of the "cheap" home made ones address keeping the front glass or plastic clean from precip and defrosted/defogged.

you can build a shroud or something and get heat from the engine with a heater core and hoses, but you still need to be able to see out the front when it's raining/snowing if you have to be out in winter weather....

amp
    Kubota BX24 (loader, hoe, 60" belly); Ford 800 tractor; Scott's/Deere 42" mower; 5' and 6' rear blade; 54" Howse tiller; 20' 7,000 lb carhauler trailer; 2 other trailers; 5' dethatcher; 10" single bottom moldboard plow; middle buster plow; 600 lb roller; 3pt auger; front tire chains; Stihl and Honda small engine equip.

Growing with you season by season.

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Just go for this Laurin cab.

Should be big enough for you, and you can load it up with options so that you can keep it on the tractor all year long.

Pretty sweet, huh? It's only money.
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

hmm what the cost for the laurin cab. Wish we had a ballpark 2008 prices of cabs from different manufacters. does anyone have prices for what they paid for thiers ?

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

I believe the Laurin cabs are around $5-6,000 They appear to be the best out there. kubota offered a factory cab for the BX series at one time (other than the TLB models) that was also around the same price and I believe also made by Laurin for Kubota.

That was one of the reasons I purchased the B3030 cab model as the price difference between that and a BX with a quality hard cab at the time was not much different. Plus the B3030 cab had heat and air. The BX cabs I think have just heat as an option.
    Kubota Grand L3240HST, LA724 FEL with QA, 72" QA bucket, Turf Tires, QA snow plow, QA Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, Leinbach 72" pine straw rake, GroundWorks brush forks and Kubota L series ballast box.
    ---------------------------
    Stihl stuff