Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting...

/ Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting... #1  

kofronj

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Can\'t wait to get home: BX2200 waiting...

Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank the forum for all the excellent information that has been compiled here. I got an extremely excited call from my kids (11, 7, 3) that the tractor was delivered, and it was "orange"! They all love it, and my wife is happy to have it in the garage too. And wouldn't you know that I've got afternoon meetings that I can't blow off... /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

I also wanted to put in a plug for my dealer. After talking with my two closer dealers (who weren't very accomodating---$14-14.5K for package), I went to Woodstock Power in IL (far NW suburb of Chicago). It's a husband/wife team who are extremely knowledgable, very nice, and who came in with a nice package price ($12.2K for tractor, FEL, 60" MMM, grill guard, delivered). I live in Wisconsin too, so there's no tax with the over the border delivery. I'm very happy to have found them. I'm getting some of the accessories from Carver (tooth bar, shop manual) too.

Woo-hoo. I can't wait to get home...

/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting... #2  
Re: Can\'t wait to get home: BX2200 waiting...

Ah, ---- YaHoo!!!!!! It sounds like the kids maybe getting the tractor and yep--it is orange--Yippeee!!!! Congratualtions. Just remember, the BX is no toy and that loader can do damage real fast if you are not paying attention so y'all all sit down and have a son/daughter safety talk. The BX is so friendly it is better than a puppy.
j

/ Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting... #3  

kofronj, I'm not working now so let me know where you live and I will go over and break it in for you./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Just to help you!

/ Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting... #4  

I know what you mean. Its been rainy and cold here all week or I would have found a reason to "work at home". My "new to me" L48 is sitting in the driveway looking lonely /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting... #5  

Congrats on your new delivery! Don't listen to CSAW - I'm closer to you than he is - I'll be right over! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I may have to visit that dealer in Woodstock. Do they have a web site? My local dealer hasn't exactly been overly cooperative. What do you plan to do if you need servicing? Are you going to be able to go to one of your local dealers for that? Just wondering, 'cause I'd be in the same boat!

Remember to get some pictures for us!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting... #6  

Sorry to tell you but it is going to seem like a verrrry loooong afternoooon.....hope the suns stay up a little extra for you!

/ Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting... #7  

Dude, you gain an hour Sunday!

/ Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting...

Spring... ahead!!!

I lose an hour... bummer.

/ Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting...

Golfgar4,

Woodstock Power doesn't have a web site (that I can find). The info is:

2035 S. Eastwood Dr. - Rt. 47
Woodstock , IL, 60098
Phone: (815) 338-4131
Fax: (815) 338-4158
Email: wdstkpwr@mc.net

I'm in the NW tip of Kenosha county (kids go to school next to BrightonDale golf course), so the drive for service isn't too bad (maybe 45 minutes). Frankly, because the other dealers were on the PITA side, I'd probably take the tractor down there for service. I'm also buying a Kubota 'cause they never need anything but routine service, and I've ordered a shop manual just in case I really feel the desire to screw something up. I've got a local friend who works with Green tractors, and I'm sure he'll help me if I need it.

The closer dealers said that they would service a Carver's tractor, but they wouldn't pick it up and deliver it for NC. That's entirely reasonable.

/ Can't wait to get home: BX2200 waiting... #10  

Kofronj,

Geesh - I play a few rounds each year at Brighton Dale! Nice public course. I'll let you know the next time I'm headed over there. Maybe we could link up and you could show off your babies! (The tractors - the tractors!!)

I'm in Janesville, so it would only be about 1.5 hours to Woodstock. That wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for the info. Good luck.