My BX22 is here - well not quite (bit long)

/ My BX22 is here - well not quite (bit long) #1  

techman

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX22
Got a call from the dealer today - "Hey there is a truck here with 3 BX22's, I guess your's is here already!" Wow I thought, he had estimated mid-end April. After a few words about having to get it ready, I was ready to get in the mood to dig holes by early next week. Great !

Well before I got too excited about it, the dealer called back about 10 minutes later and told me that they only got one off the truck. Since I knew I was his second taker on a '22, I knew it wasn't mine, which he confirmed. So I guess I still have a few weeks wait.

I stopped by after work to look at the beast. Nice. All pieces buily in Georgia, except for the engine/drivetrain. The FEL is s/a the '2200. The BH is nice. Uses the main hydraulic pump. Removal/install is ala FEL, you use the BH to shift weight etc, to release pins and the thing eventually sits itself on the ground. The seat assembly has a new latch which pops the seat up. You can then rotate it 180 and with a push down it re-latches on a bar that is part of the BH. Nice to see that there are large fixing pins to loch the BH for travel. They fit into nice holders on the BH frame for storage.

I was very impressed with the frame stiffening. There are additional 2/8 members that go 2/3 of the way up the sides (under the floorpan) from the back, and just in front of the rear wheels they are doubled in thickness as a weldment. One other thing I noted is that except for the upper 3pt lift arms, all of the other 3pt links are removed to install the BH. Something I liked is that the hearlights are now lamp assemblies like a car and they dropped the one piece wrap around clear plastic cover over the lights. Better light I think.

I took a bunch of pix. If there is interest to see them I can see about getting them up this weekend.

Guess I got to wait a bit longer, but it got too cold this week to do much playing outside anyway (good excuse)

/ My BX22 is here - well not quite (bit long)
Got to work on my typing fingers. Sorry that was 3/8" stiffeners

/ My BX22 is here - well not quite (bit long) #3  
Kubota dealer in Warrenton VA has one sitting on his lot for sale, it is one nice looking rig. Good luck waiting.
Patience is a virtue./w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

/ My BX22 is here - well not quite (bit long) #4  
Yea, I'd LOVE to see those pics. If you have ones of the brushguard, the headlights and the backhoe, id like to see them...