BX 24

/ BX 24 #1  

charliepff

Silver Member
Tractor
2516 Mahindra w/backhoe
Since my Dealership has told me I cannot add a backhoe to the 2350 I am looking alot more towards trading it in on a 24. I was wondering if anyone had any bad experiences with there 24's. I need a backhoe for digging small drainage and stumps. Plus cleaning out the burn pit and so on. I would rather have the convenience of owning then renting. What kind of projects has everyone used there 24's for?

/ BX 24 #2  
Let's see, cleaned the burn pit, used it for tearing out mustang grape vines, clearing out old burnt down trees, stump removal (several with 12 inch bucket), dug a septic tank hole for friend, planted over 50 trees to date, ran water lines to all the trees (small bucket 8 inch), moved and saved some trees for a friend....etc...

I love my 24, I only have 4 acres, some things take longer that a bigger tractor, but it handles most jobs, even moving railroad ties.

If you get a 24, get the skit plate right off the bat, you not going want the mmm mounted all the time...better save than sorry when you bust the trany fan...the nice thing is I can put it on or take it off in minutes...ditto the 3pt, and FEL.

/ BX 24 #3  
charliepff said:
1*Since my Dealership has told me I cannot add a backhoe to the 2350 I am looking a lot more towards trading it in on a 24.

2* What kind of projects has everyone used there 24's for?
1*Exactly why I got the BX23 instead of the BX2230.

2*The BX22,23 and 24 are all amazing little machines as are the MF 2310 and JD2210 and 2305.

/ BX 24 #4  
charliepff said:
Since my Dealership has told me I cannot add a backhoe to the 2350

You can get the Woods BH6000 for the 2350.

/ BX 24 #5  
charliepff said:
Since my Dealership has told me I cannot add a backhoe to the 2350 I am looking alot more towards trading it in on a 24. I was wondering if anyone had any bad experiences with there 24's. I need a backhoe for digging small drainage and stumps. Plus cleaning out the burn pit and so on. I would rather have the convenience of owning then renting. What kind of projects has everyone used there 24's for?

If your dealer told you that I would'nt be buying from him.:eek: Ask him if he sells Woods equipment, I bet the answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. LOL
The Woods BH for your tractor is just as nice as the one on the BX24. There are some on here that have them, I'm sure they will chime in.

/ BX 24 #6  
toytruck said:
You can get the Woods BH6000 for the 2350.

roadkill95 said:
If your dealer told you that I wouldn't be buying from him. Ask him if he sells Woods equipment, I bet the answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. LOL
The Woods BH for your tractor is just as nice as the one on the BX24. There are some on here that have them, I'm sure they will chime in roadkill95.

This has already been discussed debated and hashed out in the original posters other 2 Threads.
This is the reason he's checking out trading the BX2350 for a BX24.
Since they are talking about an OEM BH the dealer told him right.

/ BX 24 #7  
I have had my BX for ony a week but so far I love it....best money I have spent in a while.

/ BX 24 #8  
charliepff said:
Since my Dealership has told me I cannot add a backhoe to the 2350 I am looking alot more towards trading it in on a 24.
I think the previous discussions were about whether it would be prudent to get a BX2350 with Woods BH or a straight BX24.

Since you've already gotten the BX2350, it is worth digging into the Woods BH6000 a bit more, I would think. I am 100% certain that it fits on the BX2350 since the BX line is one of this units major customers.

The Woods will run you ~$5,500 installed, so if your exposure is under that in the "tractor exchange" with your dealer, then you may as well get the BX24. Personaly, I like the smaller ROPS and the Woods unit has slightly better specs. But the seat assembly on the BX24 is far superior.

I would take the less expensive option. You can't go wrong either way.

/ BX 24
They told me I could but they would not install or reccomend it. They do also sell woods backhoes. They told me that if the frame were to crack or I had any other warranty problems that it would not be honored. Also with what I can get for my 2350 on a trade and the lower interest rates; which are lower then when I financed we probably will go that route. I do not need anything bigger I just need the hoe. I wish I had the money to keep it and buy the other too but that is not happening.:D It was worth a try with the accountant (AKA the Fiancee'). It seems like this is a very versatile machine. I know I still cannot beleive the work I have done with the 23.

/ BX 24 #10  
A* $5500 plus a 7 percent finance charge of 1347 = a total cost of $6847.
Payment is $163 a month for 42 months.
You have a used tractor and a new BH in this deal.
B* If he trades in the 2350 and pays $7000 boot on a new bx24 he gets a new BH and a new tractor both for basically the same money as in example A
Payment is $166 for 42 months.

In this case example B is obviously the best deal.
KeithInSpace said:
I think the previous discussions were about whether it would be prudent to get a BX2350 with Woods BH or a straight BX24.

*Since you've already gotten the BX2350, it is worth digging into the Woods BH6000 a bit more, I would think.

The Woods will run you ~$5,500 installed, so if your exposure is under that in the "tractor exchange" with your dealer, then you may as well get the BX24. Personaly, I like the smaller ROPS and the Woods unit has slightly better specs. But the seat assembly on the BX24 is far superior.

*I thought that was already done in his other threads.
I think he is on the right track at this point by checking out trading the BX2350 for a BX24.