Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kubota L5740 vs John Deere 4720 comparison

I'd say the HST-plus is well worth it and as you are looking at both HST machines, there is no reason to get anything that is not comparable to the "plus". Head and shoulders above the rest at this point.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm getting the L5740. I test drove it one last time and can't get over how nice it is. The John Deere isn't bad but this is definitely a bit nicer.

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

Thanks for the update.... now, we wanna see pictures of your new baby in action!!!

Today I again delighted in the joy of HST... I was using my FEL to lift stuff high in my work shop on to shelves about 10 feet in the air.... situation was such that I had to have rear wheels outside the shop on a slanted ramp, front wheels on the slant and swing the FEL over near the shelf... again and again I was able to get the extended and unusually angled FEL to within .5 inches of the metal rack... facilitating the offloading mightily. No worries, just a light touch on the HST pedal in Low and I cozied up to where I needed to be without ever once hitting the shelving... sooo smooth... soooo much control...
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Tractor
    kubota L 5740

Had a '04 kubota L5030 with heavy duty bucket, pallet forks and brush/grapple fork. Had 2100 hours on it. An outstanding piece of equipment for my 50 acre/230 site campground. Sold it and purchased L5740 in '07. The L5030 had the HST transmission. The L5740 has HST with high and low range as well as a load sensing feature that increases rpm when increasing speed. It also senses load when going into a pile of sand/gravel/soil, etc to prevent stalling. Find this transmission to be very smooth and functional. Have almost 2000 hrs on this one and in both cases had no repairs needed other than the speedo sensor on the L5740. My dealer is great. Would recommend Kubota, Will be purchasing a second one to replace a '63 Case 530.

Tractor
    Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by s012adh View Post
    Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm getting the L5740. I test drove it one last time and can't get over how nice it is. The John Deere isn't bad but this is definitely a bit nicer.
    Feel free to visit my metal building thread here on TBN. Leave a comment or two

Honda CRF450
    Kawasaki Mule 610 4X4 XC
    Kubota M7040 HDC-1
    -Kubota LA 1153 FEL with 72" QA with Grill guard
    -Air ride seat
    -Cast iron rims, R1's - Loaded.
    -Two remotes (SCD & FD)
    -Land Pride RCR2672 6' Cutter
    -Land Pride MRL3572 6' Box scraper

Tractor
    2010 Kubota L4240

No buyers regret in store for you! The Grand Ls are awesome machines. Be sure to check out the thread on adjusting your auto throttle advance--they tend to come set a little "hot" from the factory.
    "[tax loopholes] made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and thatís crazy. [...] Do you think the millionaire ought to pay more in taxes than the bus driver or less?" - Ronald Reagan June 6, 1985 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgbJ-...layer_embedded[/I]

L4240 HST, LA 854 loader, Land Pride 72" BB, misc attachments

ZD326 Zero turn mower w/ 60" deck
    Scag V-Ride 36" deck
    Exmark WB 36" deck

L2250 (sold)

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

[*]The gear shift with the 4720 was much harder to move. In fact, it took all my strength to get it to move to the highest gear.
    JD eHydro blues. You change gears while slightly depressing one of the drive pedals, as soon as the tractor begins to move it will shift very easily. You can tell a seasoned Deere eHydro operator when he/she can do this without anyone hearing any grinding sound. If you try to pull the lever all the way from A to C when stopped you will need both arms and might dislocate a shoulder. They don't tell you this stuff in the manual of course. It's not just the eHydro, all the Deeres I have owned were/are tricky to shift, be they eHydro or clutched PR, including the two I own now (4720 and 5105M).
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740 ROPS OPEN STATION

Just took delivery of gl 5740 and I'm in love. Went back once for relief adjustments for FEL the machine is great did snow wood brush and some fork work and my back feels great nO more heavy lifting for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12