Price Check Kubota Pricing

/ Kubota Pricing #1  

copterdoctor

Hay,
Does anyone know if Kubota sets the price that a Kubota Dealer must meet when they sell a tractor? If so we all know that the Manufacture Suggested Retail Price is not what we are paying if you do a little homework. I was told the other day by dealer "X" that there is no way that dealer "Y" could sell a tractor for "Z" price. (I am currently taking collage algebra you like the substitutions) What痴 up with all the secrecy?

/ Kubota Pricing #2  
Kubota or any other manufacturer that I'm aware of does not tell a dealer what he must sell a tractor for, however they will frown on dealers that advertise extremely low prices out of there area of respondsibility thus setting the price on peice of equipment out of their region.

The only price that I'm aware a dealer must meet is one that allows him to pay his employees a competitive wage, supply his customers with a quality product and the level of customer service they deserive after the sale & a decent return on his considerable investment.

After 30 plus years in this industry I can quarantee you can always find someone who is willing to sell it cheaper and as you describe at a price that dealer x say's can't be done. There are many reasons why this could be, one reason could be as simple as someone made a mistake.

/ Kubota Pricing #3  
Its certainly not as easy as pricing a car. I'm looking at a 3940gst or 4240gst and prices have been from $20800 to $25700 just on the 3940gst w a loader. How much does one have to make and is there any way to find out cost? It would be much easier. The one guy is obviously making well over $5000 on the $25700 price quote.

/ Kubota Pricing #4  
Pricing is usually dependent on how much the dealer needs to stay in business. In 1996 I bought an L4200DT 4WD, (my wife decided she wanted orange for our 25th anniversery gift). and the difference between two dealers was $5000. Naturally I kept my $5000 and have no regrets. The cheaper dealer was out of business in 2 years while the more expensive is still in business today. You should take care of yourself first but do so with the knowledge that the dealer may not be there in the future. I shopped hard last year for another Kubota, (ended up with a MF instead), and the difference between three area dealers was $1100. The lowest two were $100 dollars apart and the third was a $1000 higher. Incidentally, the highest is the same place that was $5000 high in 1996. All three dealers are are long time, well established dealers. Here in NY the cost of doing business is very high and it seems like a clean deal, (no trade), will get about a 10% discount from list. That will vary from state to state. Your job is to keep as much of your money as possible and their job is to make enough money to stay in business. Do a good job for yourself but understand where the dealer is coming from. Good luck

/ Kubota Pricing
Thanks Kubotaman the way the dealer acted I would have thought he and everyone else was under some kind of requirement to sell tractors at a set price.