L30's or L40's ???

/ L30's or L40's ??? #1  

mowpower

So what is the difference in the 30 series and the 40's? Seems like the 40's are the new line with redesigned features and the 30's are the older model. The frame dimensions are the same, width, length ect.
Thanks

/ L30's or L40's ??? #2  
Grand L30 series was replaced by the Grand L40 series in early 2007. I bought an L3130, then just a couple months later, the lot was full of L3240's. :( Price didnt change dramatically, but did go up just a little. I kicked myself for not waiting, but didn't know to wait! I do love my tractor, but always hate to have an "antiquated" tractor in 2 months :(

One big thing that was changed on this particular model (don't know if the others did or not) was the HST functionality. On the newer model, the HST pedal is tied into the accelerator. That would be the only thing about my tractor I would want to change, but to tell the truth, even that doesn't bother me much. As I said before, my model was "new" for 2 months...wish the dealer had mentioned the upcoming model change to me.

Podunk

/ L30's or L40's ???
That's what I was thinking so is Kubota going to phase out the 30's as parts run out or keep them around if they sell to confuse the buyers?

/ L30's or L40's ??? #4  
Not sure. It seems if there are 30's on a tractor lot, they are remnants from '06, or trade-ins. They aren't making them any longer.