Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket

/ Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am in the final stages of selecting a new Kubota tractor.

I have choosen a L3710 HST with R4 tires and a LA682 Loader.

My question pertains to the bucket for the loader.

All the dealers in my area sell the LA682 Loader with the standard 66" bucket. Kubota's literature also list an optional
60" heavy-duty round back bucket. The dealers in my area have very little information on this heavy-duty bucket. All I have been able to find out about it is that it is 60 inches wide,
weight 308 Lbs. (Vs. 250 Lbs. for the standard bucket), and that this option cost $200 dollars.

I am wonder if anyone out there can give me more information about the heavy-duty bucket so I can make an informed decission.

Some of the questions I have Include:

Is there a difference in the gauge of steel used between these two buckets or is the weight difference solely in the reinforcing materials added?

Does this bucket have a bolt-on (Replaceable) front knife edge?

Will the standard duty bucket do everything this tractor/loader is capable of without being bent or broken?

Spending the extra $200 for the heavy-duty bucket is not an issue. I just hate to give up the capacity of the standard bucket (since the heavy-duty bucket is 6" shorter) if the standard duty bucket will do the job and stand the test of time.

The local dealers tell me they have never had a request for the heavy-duty bucket and have never had any problems with the standard bucket.

Thanks for any information anyone may have

P.S. The Kubota Dealers are all pricing the L3710 Tractor with the LA682 Loader. Kubota's literature list the loader as a LA681. Can anyone tell me if there are any differences in these different models.

/ Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket #2  
I just got the same package with the standard bucket a few weeks ago. The bucket has done everything I have asked (carry full loads of gravel, recycled asphalt, mud from around my lake) Unless the HD bucket comes with teeth or a replacable edge I don't think it is worth it. Many times I wish I had a bigger bucket. The diffrence between the two loaders is the 681 is the older version. I am not sure if it the older one has the legs for the quick disconnect or not.

/ Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket #3  
I would stay with the standard bucked. There have been very few problems mentioned here on the forum and the only bends I can recall come from lifting with a chain hooked on the upper lip. You are much better off having hooks welded on for lifting. The square bucket will also let you use the back square edge of the bucket to backdrag. This is not a big issue but sure is handy if you add a tooth bar which is well worth the $300 -$350. The 66’ bucket will come closer to covering your tire tracks, which would be, important to me.

MarkV

/ Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket #4  
Telsee7,

I would go with the standard 66" bucket, but would beef up the top lip. The 3710 is capable of bending the top lip on the standard bucket. The first thing I did to the bucket on my 2410 was beef up the top lip and add three bucket hooks. Even if you don't weld, this can be done by a local welding shop for $100 or less. I am speaking from actual experience. My father-inlaw owns a 3710 with the standard bucket and it has a bent top lip. I wish Kubota would add a little extra strength to this area on their buckets. Other than previously mentioned the la682 is a great loader.

Just my .02 cents,
winchman

/ Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket #5  
telsee7, I believe the black bucket on an L35 is the same HD bucket that your 3710 would use. When I got a quote from Steve Carver he stated the HD bucket was almost twice the price and didn't reccomend it.

Bill C

/ Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket #6  
<font color=blue>Can anyone tell me if there are any differences in these different models?</font color=blue>

This diesn't exactly answer your question but I have an LA680 FEL on my L3600. It came with a 60" standard weight bucket. Also, it is a quick attach. Unless you plan to do some severe FEL work on a routine basis, I would stick with the standard bucket due to the size. I think you will appreciate the extra inches more. I agree that if you plan to do any lfting with a chain etc, I would have the upper lip strengthened.

/ Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket #7  
There is very little difference in the specs of the LA681 and LA682 loaders. They were online at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorsmart.com>http://www.tractorsmart.com</A> but it may not make any difference since I didn't see any LA681s while I was shopping for my tractor and loader. The main difference between the two was that the loader controls stay on the tractor when the loader detaches on the LA682. As far as the strength of the standard bucket goes, I haven't had any problem with bending mine.

/ Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket #8  
Here is a picture of my LA682 bucket with WR Long toothbar.

Attachments

• 1-131920-Mvc-731s.jpg
    1-131920-Mvc-731s.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 767
   / Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket #9  
I have the heavy duty bucket. It really depends on what you are planning to use the tractor for. In New Hampshire, rocks are our best crop and I am going to be doing quite a bit of stone work, so the bucket makes sense. The guy who worked on my barn foundation last year had a 3600 with the standard bucket - and all sort of reinforcement welded on it. The roll back doesn't hold firewood quite as easy as the square back. The edge is not bolt on - but is MUCH heavier then the standard bucket. I guess if it asn't for all the rock work I would have gone with the standard bucket.

Attachments

• 1-132013-bucketcopy.jpg
    1-132013-bucketcopy.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 981
   / Kubota L3710 LA682 Loader Heavy-duty Bucket #10  
Actually the heavy duty bucket has a square edge back as well.