B2910 ETA ... 10:00 am

/ B2910 ETA ... 10:00 am #11  
Took delivery of a B2910 5 weeks ago. Tooled around the place slow and easy till I got 12 hours on her. Never used the mower. Under 1700 RPM. 2 weeks ago mowed the lawn first time. About half way thru (1.5 hrs) Engine just choked down and quit. Gave it a few minutes after looking about and it started right up and finished the rest of mowing without incident. Last weekend went to mow still taking it fairly easy at about 2000 RPM. Choked down again, & again, & again. I'm puzzeld?? Acted just like it ran out of fuel and it was. Fuel filter very dirty but not clogged. I was amazed about this on a new tractor. Changed fuel filter, Drained Fuel Tank and inspected Tank. Found several insect wings intact, Grit ,Grime, Paint chips, 1 large well preserved dead spider, 3 each curly cue plastic shavings like when you drill a hole in plastic. One of the plastic drill shavings had worked it's way into the fuel line at the tank exit. Got it all out and seems to be fine now. Still kinda amazed that it happened. Think that is all that was wrong. At 17 hrs now and going to mow today. Will let you know if not OK.
PHD = Post Hole Digger MMM = Mid mount Mower Duh! I'm so old I call em Belly Mowers. Been out of this for awhile and some of the abbreviations are throwing me. I'll get back to speed Maybe!

/ B2910 ETA ... 10:00 am
While I was out in the shop today, working on an oil leak on another tractor - I looked over at the Kubota and there was a puddle of hydraulic fluid under the rear end. I had spent about two hours mowing with it yesterday. Wiped up the floor, crawled underneath and started wiping and searching. I followed the oil slick all the way to the top of the tranny - which lead led me right to the filler cap, laying on its side next to the hole. What in the world? Located the source, anyway. Two theories here. Theory A: They didn't snap the cap in tight after filling with fluid at the dealership or Theory B: Somehow I'm building up pressure in the system and it blew the cap off. I'm hoping for theory A, for sure. I'm calling the dealer, anyway - to get this on record - as I'm only up to 11 hours now.

Any other theories or similar problems out there?

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Jeff

/ B2910 ETA ... 10:00 am #13  
Jeff, I don't know what happened, but I think I'd check the vent. I think you'll find it on the right top side under the seat. If it's stopped up that could cause some pressure. Have you checked the fluid level? I wonder if it was overfilled.

Thanks, Bird.

I'm going out to check the vent right now. I've checked the level, and it appears to be right at full or just slightly over - tough to see on that yellow stick. I found laying the stick on a clean (blue paper) shop towel works well for determining the level. I was thinking the same thing about the overfill, as this tractor had a back hoe on it at the dealers. I haven't yet received my service and parts manuals yet. Thanks.

Jeff

Vent tube is clear and fluid level is just barely above the full mark. I'm scratching my head on this one. I guess I'll just watch it closely and see if it happens again. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

Jeff

/ B2910 ETA ... 10:00 am #16  
Hi McCallum,

Been in and out of town last few weeks so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

My new B2910 deal came with a Befco Mole 12" Post Hole Digger (PHD). I plan on getting a million times my money's worth this year prepping for a vineyard etc...

Anyway, the PHD is much easier to mount and dismount using a simple stand I built in a couple of hours out of 2X4 framing and some metal pipe. It's basically a sawhorse (Tall) type of design to carry the PHD when not in use. Cost me about $15.00 in materials, works GREAT, and will probably last a long time! If I ever get some photographs (re; Digital Camera) i'll post them.

My B2910 has run flawlessly since delivery. I have a whopping 6.3 hours on her. Would use it a lot more if it weren't for the out of town trips lateley.

Take Care,

Tony