Price Check price check on used B3030

/ price check on used B3030 #1  

bullet3z

Bronze Member
I found a used B3030 and wanted to know what a good price for it would be. It is a 2006, B3030 with the FEL that has a 60" bucket. There are 80 hours of use on it along with a few scratches here and there. It did have a flat rear tire that was plugged. Also the rear 3 point hitch quick adjust arms have slight bends in them from a mishap with a chain. It has the folding ROP and the R4 tires. The owner did respray the bucket with Kubota orange paint.

Again what would a good offer for this tractor be. I was thinking in the $14,000 range since I was quoted $17,900 for a brand new one.

/ price check on used B3030 #2  
This is just my opinion, YMMV -----

$14k seems high to me. If that's the best you'd be able to do, I personally be more likely to go with a brand new tractor. I'd personally want to save at least another $1-2k off that figure to make the used one look attractive.

If you plan to finance it through your bank, it would cost a total of about $1.5k in interest to service a 42 month loan at 5.99%. If you finance a new B3030 through Kubota, that number drops to $0. This fact has significant downward pressure on used tractor prices.

Also, you give up the warranty with the used tractor, plus it sounds like you may have to pay for some repairs right off the bat. And there are always the unknowns. Further, the dealer may throw in some free stuff to sweeten the pot on a new deal.

I'd guess that, if push came to shove, you could get the B3030/FEL brand new from a dealer for $17k. At least around here you can (I did) -- your mileage may vary. You're looking at 42 payments of $405 (don't forget to add in sales tax if you have to).

Using that same time frame and an assumed APR of 5.99%, you're looking at 42 payments of $370 for the used tractor (assuming no sales tax or repair expenses).

/ price check on used B3030
Anyone else have any info on what they think a good offer price for this tractor should be?

/ price check on used B3030 #4  
Ive seen very few used. My local dealer has one similar..... about 80hrs, canopy on the ROPS, looks like it was used fairly hard those 80hrs. They are asking 17,500 for it. Would seem to me a year old 3030 with low hours, 14-15,000 doesn't sound bad.

/ price check on used B3030 #5  
Okay, okay! According to my 2008 edition tractor blue book; a used 2006 B3030HSD 4WD will run about $12000. Now this is without a front end loader. Hope this puts you somewhere in the ballpark of answers you are looking for.