BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket?

/ BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket? #1  

donn12

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags
BX24 - 8" or 12" BH bucket?
I will primarily dig up stumps 3 to 12" in diameter and do some general digging to plant trees and bushes etc. Who has which bucket and why?

/ BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket? #2  
I've got a 12", seems about right. If you need a smaller one you probably need a ripper tooth. I didn't 8" was useful. Any long shallow trenching could be done with a rear ground engaging implement.

/ BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket? #3  
I had the 12" on my BX22, and thought it was well matched to the backhoe. I never found a need for a smaller one.

/ BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket? #4  
If you have no particular jobs in mind currently, 12" is the way to go. It fits the BX 24 well for general purpose backhoe work. For trenching jobs that may come up, you will either purchase an 8" add on or three point ground engaging implement.

/ BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket?
thanks - that's what I was thinking

/ BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket? #6  
The wet clay/mud does not stick as bad in a 12" as an 8".

/ BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket? #7  
Go for the 12"....... its a good all around size. There would be no harm in buying the eight also though....... never know when you might need to dig a trench.

/ BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket? #8  
I've got both, the dealer sold it with the 12 inch said it was better for my overall use, when it got delivered they had forgot to swap it out and it came with a 8 inch. So the ower brought out the 12 inch a few days later, I had been digging trenches for water lines in the field (I have sand and loam soil, NO CLAY!! yea!!) any way asked him what it would cost to just keep the 8 inch too., he said let me find out our cost he called the office and let me have the 8 inch for his cost, no mark up.

I found that the 12 inch stays on 90 % of the time., if I had to choose that would be the one to keep. The 8 inch is just a nice add on tool.

/ BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket? #9  
how is the bucket measured...the one on my BX is 11" across....trying to figure out what size bucket it has

/ BX24 - 8 or 12" BH bucket? #10  
When I was figuring out what to get, I considered the 8" bucket, because I feared such a little backhoe wouldn't be able to dig into my hard ground 12" at a time. Thanks to TBN feedback, I went with the 12". I'm very glad I did and I laugh hysterically at my fears now that I've learned what such a little tractor can do!