Recommendations for a Finish Mower

/ Recommendations for a Finish Mower #1  

Dave41

Bronze Member
Going to plunk down my hard earned cash on a new B7500 on Monday (finally made the decision). Now I need to decide on a 60" rear finish mower. Dealer offered the Kubota "Air Flow" for $1700. Anyone have any experience with others such as Land Pride, Rhino or Woods. How do they compare in price and do they perform OK.
Thanks,
Dave

/ Recommendations for a Finish Mower #2  
DAVE: with my oldford 2n i had a king kutter 72 in. and it was ok, less $$$ than most. but now with the b24oo i have a Befco 60 in finish mower, rear discharge and that thing is REALLY WELL BUILT. can't give u a price as it came as a package deal when i bought the tractor.

/ Recommendations for a Finish Mower #3  
Woods, go Woods my man, ye shaln't be dissapointed. This is a true work horse of a mower and cuts very beautifully. I have the rear discharge 7' cut and if you greese it and keep the deck clean it will be here longer than you'll be wanting to cut grass.

/ Recommendations for a Finish Mower #4  
Dave,whatever brand you might choose,I would go with a rear discharge.These style mowers seem to do a great job of dispursing clippings more evenly than the side discharge and you don't have that shute sticking out on one side.You can mow close to an object in either direction.I have a Rhino Tri-Deck Finish Mower,and I could not be happier,the decks are rear discharge.BTW,congrats on that new tractor!!!

/ Recommendations for a Finish Mower #5  
Previously posted on CTB in reference to Landpride AT2560:

After looking at different 3PH finish mowers, went with the above deck. I like side discharge for "raking" leaves in the Fall, (and occasionally grass clippings if the yard gets ahead of me). This mower works great. The blades sound like they are spinning at twice the speed of the old Caroni, and clippings are blown quite a distance. The deck is on a B7500 with about 50% antifreeze/water fill on the rear R4's. No added weight on the front except for the loader subframe. The tractor handles the mower very well, even though the Landpride is a beefy unit. The only thing that needs changed so far is the lynch pins on the tops of the caster wheel shafts. One apparently got snagged when the deck swung under a low-hangung bush last night, and the bush flipped it open. I didn't notice it until the wheel fell off when I raised the deck. I had this happen with the big hairpins on the Caroni too. Looks like a trip to TruValue for some bolts and nylon insert nuts is in order..........chim

Updated today:
Mowed in the drizzle today, and the mower still worked fine. This deck has great lift compared with my old one. The R4's on the B7500 are an improvement over the R1's that are on my Ford 1210. I did replace the lynch pins with stainless bolts and nylon locking nuts. I mow with the guard for the discharge chute flipped up - OK, my bad..........chim

/ Recommendations for a Finish Mower #6  
I have an FM60 Rhino rear discharge. Heavy built machine and plenty of grease fittings.

/ Recommendations for a Finish Mower #7  
wichi,Plenty of grease fittings?Our Rhino has 42 different fittings....

/ Recommendations for a Finish Mower
I did a search in the "Attachments" Forum and found recommendations for a "First Choice" RFM. Supposed to be good quality for the $$. Somewhere between the King Kutter and the Land Pride. I cant find any specs or links anywhere. Anyone using one or point me to some more details.
Guess this should really be in the Attachments Forum. I'll post there.
Thanks.
Dave

/ Recommendations for a Finish Mower #9  
I have a Rhino FM60 side discharge and it works great. Very well made. No trouble so far, in about 3 years.

/ Recommendations for a Finish Mower #10  
I have a 72" Befco C50 RD6 and it does a great job and is built like a tank. I would second the "thumbs up" on the rear discharge feature.