m9000, m8200

/ m9000, m8200 #1  

Anonymous Poster

On another internet site, www.ssbtractor.com/ some owners of m9000dt`s and m8200dt`s are saying they are only getting 400 to 600 hours out of their clutches.Any one else had this problem? Is it true??

/ m9000, m8200 #2  
It is possible to wear out any clutch in a very short time if it is abused. That sounds like a pretty short clutch life, maybe due to excessive "riding" and then not keeping it adjusted to compensate for the extra wear. I'd be suspicious of how it is being used.

/ m9000, m8200 #3  
I went over to that site and looked at the thread. The guy said his "company" had 45 tractors so you can assume it was a little different than a one owner/one operator situation. He did say that 11 of them were Kubotas and the M9000s and M8200s were the ones that they had trouble out of. You would think they all received the same treatment (or mistreatment).

I have an M series tractor (M4900) and it bothers me a little that I have not seen them used in highway mowing or other operations that would test them to the limit.

Down south I see mostly John Deeres and New Hollands, mostly 80-100 hp tractors being used on the highways.

Anybody in other parts of the country see any Kubotas in heavy use?

TBone