used 1830

/ used 1830 #1  

cdrew

I have the opportunity to purchase a used (under 100 hours) bx1830 with blower and MMM for 7950. Is this a good deal? I hesitate because the only way to get a loader is to get the full loader package @ $2550 even though the valve is with the blower. Any thoughts?

/ used 1830 #2  
cdrew said:
I have the opportunity to purchase a used (under 100 hours) bx1830 with blower and MMM for 7950. Is this a good deal? I hesitate because the only way to get a loader is to get the full loader package @ $2550 even though the valve is with the blower. Any thoughts?

The price doesn't sound bad to me, depending on the condition of course. The blower, depending on whether it's a front mount or works from the 3-point hitch, is a fair amount to purchase separately (the front mount more expensive.) The 100 hours is nothing to be afraid of either. I wasn't sure what you meant by "the valve is with the blower." Dyer, retired

/ used 1830
It's a front mount kubota blower with manual chute control. The tractor is in new condition at < 100 hrs.

/ used 1830 #4  
cdrew said:
It's a front mount kubota blower with manual chute control. The tractor is in new condition at < 100 hrs.

When I bought my BX 1800, I wanted the mmm and the front mounted blower (BX2750,) so fel prices weren't a concern for me. I'm in Maine and the used machines in the price range and condition you are describing are rare finds. I like my machine, but would have picked up the rig you are talking about if it had been available around here when I was looking. I suspect that the tractor you're looking at won't be around long at that price. I like the front mounted blower a lot and do additional cleanup with a 6 foot rear blade. I just rigged a hydraulic chute rotator, but the hand crank worked fine. It was just a fun project to do and I'll enjoy the one joystick doing everything this next winter. Let us know what you decide and welcome to the forum. Dyer, retired

/ used 1830 #5  
My local dealer has the BX1850 on sale .
$8350 with 48 inch MMM.
cdrew said:

/ used 1830
I ended up getting the whole package for 7900. Not bad I think. I feel the cut is great, and the lawn really doesn't need to be swept like with my other lawn mower.