BX1800 it is!

/ BX1800 it is! #1  

g42guy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, '55 Farmall Cub, '57 Ford 640
I want to thank all of you for your comments. I called the dealer today and told him to put my name on the 1800 w/54". Will pick it up early next week. So I should start posting really stupid usage and attachment questions real soon!

/ BX1800 it is! #2  
Yeah, like how do I disable the 4WD feature/mechanism--just a variation on how do I disarm the seat switch on my JD? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif . I guess you will just have to learn to live with your dissappointments. Actually it would not be a problem to remove the 4WD lever and then you would have a 2WD BX!!!!! Happy day!!
Congrats on the new toy (er--tractor). Hope you will enjoy it and accomplish much with it. J

/ BX1800 it is! #3  
Congrats on your new BX1800. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifLike they say..no question is stupid..its stupid if you don't ask.

/ BX1800 it is! #4  
If the guy didn't want 4X4 that is his choice. Many people with compacts have them because they want them not out of need in the first place. Even yourself, could most likely get by renting when needed. Add up the 2410 and bx2200 cost and @ 150.00 day rent in my area anyway you could get alot of days rent. Thats for a TC35. Not trying to start anything, I value your input but give the guy a break on the 4X4 issue.

Congradulations on the tractor, I am drooling over the brochure and trying to make sure I can justify one.

/ BX1800 it is! #6  
Congrats on your new BX1800. You did good.......Its a KUBOTA! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ BX1800 it is! #7  
Congrat on the BX 1800, mine is only three days old. Its a Kubota, gota love it

/ BX1800 it is! #8  
Congrats on your new machine! Did you get the FEL as well? If not, make it next on your list of addons....I almost didn't get it...turns out its almost invaluable....

/ BX1800 it is!
No on the FEL. All I got is the 54" mower at this time. We are still in the planning stages of our new home so I need to figure out what I will need once we get into building. We need to down trees for the building site so I would love to have the FEL and do it myself. BUT it's a timing issue. For me to do it would take a while, I run my own biseness and the prorperty is a hour away from where I live now. Plus the crews that builders hire can get in and out in one or two days with everything hauled away. I cleared the lot I'm on right now with a chainsaw, wheelbarral and alot of sweat. I was younger, stronger and poorer back then! I do plan to do landscaping myself though. Box blade, and maybe a rake and dirt scoop. Can the BX handle a 48" box blade? Anyone use a dirt scoop? I know a FEL would be better but you would be suprised what you can get done with a scoop.

/ BX1800 it is! #10  
I hope that you enjoy your BX1800 as much as I do. I have a small King Kutter brush cutter, a 54" mower, a front mount snow blower that all work very well. The dealer just called to say that the middlebuster that I ordered has just arrived so I'll be getting some seat time in over the weekend. Good Luck!!