Big decision, HELP!

/ Big decision, HELP! #1  

dieselram

Gold Member
Tractor
2007 John Deere 3120 TLBM
Ok, I am getting a price of 28,844 for a new L3940, GST, R4, 724 w standard 72" bucket, BH90 and 50 hr service, good deal? The same in a hydro is 29,844. I was also thinking of a 3240 equipped exactly the same, hydro and that is 27,500 with the service. What are all you guys thoughts on these deals? I can't decide. I want the 3940 HST but the bean counter side of me wants to save the bucks and go with the 3240. I don't need the extra HP to pull my 5' hog- I just like the really big rear tires! HELP!

/ Big decision, HELP!
Oh yeah and ss qa on the loader, forgot that!

/ Big decision, HELP!
No input?

/ Big decision, HELP! #4  
They both look like really good deals.

With the 0% financing I would go with the 3940hst.

/ Big decision, HELP! #5  
An L39 is only about $3000 more. U may not like the smaller tires, GST, or not being able to take the FEL off. U do get signifcantly more Hyd performance. May be something to look into if you are doing alot of BH and FEL work. The 3940 is a great tractor - I'm sure you will like it if it is a better match to your needs. As far as HP. I'd get as much as I could afford.

/ Big decision, HELP! #6  
Sounds to me as if you just have the same dilemma most of us have at times. You want a little more than you need. But if you buy less than you wanted, are you going to be unhappy with the decision later and want to trade up? Sometimes it's cheaper in the long run to just go ahead with the bigger one to start with. I don't really know prices very well now, but those don't sound bad to me.

/ Big decision, HELP! #7  
Prices seem pretty darn good either way you go. I've got a 3240 setup just as you're looking at, and I paid about $27k for it in late January. That was pre-tax and pre-4% price increase.

I don't do much PTO work, but a lot of loader, backhoe, and box blade work. I have not been disappointed its abilities. I considered the 3940, but decided that was over the top for me...after starting by looking at the L2800 then the L3400 and then the L3240... :)

Chris

/ Big decision, HELP!
I need it more for tractor than hoe, removeable loader is key.

/ Big decision, HELP!
They are also pushing not to put the bh90 on the 3240 but it is ok on the 3940.

/ Big decision, HELP! #10  
The BH90 is perfect for the 3240. There have been a lot of discussions about that here, and the consensus is that the BH75 is too small for the frame size of a 3240. I just came in from digging stumps out tonight with the BH90, and I can't imagine using something with 1.5' less reach, and a lot less power.