3 point snowblower

/ 3 point snowblower #1  

Lidger

Hi All,

I have been looking for a 3 point snowblower for some time now. I have a 2001 Kubota L3010 HST. What should I be looking to pay for a used one. I am assuming my tractor should go with a 5 footer. Could I go bigger??
Any dealers out there that could give me an idea of what one would cost new?? (no hydraulics)

Thanks in advance for your help!!

/ 3 point snowblower #2  
I'd be looking at a six footer for that size tractor depending on snow conditions.

/ 3 point snowblower #3  
Lidger said:
Hi All,

I have been looking for a 3 point snowblower for some time now. I have a 2001 Kubota L3010 HST. What should I be looking to pay for a used one. I am assuming my tractor should go with a 5 footer. Could I go bigger??
Any dealers out there that could give me an idea of what one would cost new?? (no hydraulics)

Thanks in advance for your help!!

I would try this gentleman from Barlow Farm Equipment. (bradybarlow@gmail.com) He is a person that will help you out with any question and will not steer you wrong. He is often on this web site giving advice. It would not hurt you to just key in some words to him and he will correspond with you via e-mail if you care to. I have purchased many items from him including our B26 last June which we love and he is still there to answer my questions.
The Gotcha Man

/ 3 point snowblower #4  
I'd also recommend 6 ft width for the L3010. Let your HST match the speed to the snow depth.

There have been quite a few snowblower brands over the years

Anderson
Argo Trend
AgPlus
Allied
Buhler
BerVac
Badger
Coop
Couture
Detson
Erskine
Farm King
Ford
George White
Hagedorn
Husky
IFE
Inland
International
JRW
John Deere
Kubota
Lorenz
LuckNow
Lull
MFD
McKee
Meteor
New Idea
Normand
New Holland
Poulan
Pronovost
RAD
Roberge
Steiner
Smyth
Schulte
Sittler
SnowMachines
Woods
Walco

Maybe more. Snowblowers are big, but simple - they don't get used very many actual hours so they tend to last a very long time. Even an old rusty one may work just fine if the gearbox and bearings are ok. Sometimes you can find a heavily-built older one for only $100. I think new ones start around $800 for a light duty - and go up.

If you do a search here at TBN you'll find lots of input.

Last edited:
   / 3 point snowblower #5  
Sorry I can't help with the going prices, I bought my Kubota used last fall and the snowblower came with it. Mine is a 5' JRW Enterprise. They don't appear to be in business any longer. As mentioned, the units aren't too complicated. Make sure you know where ALL the shear bolts are when you find a blower and start using it. I didn't realize mine had 2 locations protected by shear bolts until I broke both of them on a dark, cold, snowy night :eek:

New%20lot

/ 3 point snowblower #6  
Here in snow country used blowers go for from $400 for a small one to $1200 for a large one.

/ 3 point snowblower #7  
where do people find used blowers? Granted I'm not in much of an area for them, but I never see used 3 pt equipment

/ 3 point snowblower #8  
New 51" Meteor last year was $1600.

But my steel guy came in last week to tell me that steel is going through the roof in the last 6 months. So it's not going to be pretty getting a new one. I couldn't find a used one before. But I'll keep this one forever if I can.

/ 3 point snowblower #9  
ByronBob said:
But my steel guy came in last week to tell me that steel is going through the roof in the last 6 months. So it's not going to be pretty getting a new one.

Yep - carbon steel has gone from ~$.40/lb to almost $1.00/lb since the beginning of the year. Used snowblowers should still be a good bargin if you can find one.

FWIW I found my tractor/mower/blower on Craigslist. I do see some 3-point attachments listed on there once in a while.

/ 3 point snowblower #10  
Charlesaf3 said:
where do people find used blowers? Granted I'm not in much of an area for them, but I never see used 3 pt equipment

Most of my impliments i've bought slightly used. Craigslist , EBAY (though ebay is a huge disappointment now), Uncle Henry's Classified....... sometimes the local dealers have interesting stuff. I stay away from anything that looks rode hard and put away wet, but have found decent deals on stuff. If its an impliment i'm not going to use alot, its nice to pay about half price for a decent used one. Now if i could only find that slightly used PTO stump grinder !!:rolleyes: