Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 3 point snowblower

Hi All,

I have been looking for a 3 point snowblower for some time now. I have a 2001 kubota L3010 HST. What should I be looking to pay for a used one. I am assuming my tractor should go with a 5 footer. Could I go bigger??
    Any dealers out there that could give me an idea of what one would cost new?? (no hydraulics)

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: 3 point snowblower

I'd be looking at a six footer for that size tractor depending on snow conditions.

Tractor
    (07) B26, (83) B7100D

Quote Originally Posted by Lidger
    Hi All,

I have been looking for a 3 point snowblower for some time now. I have a 2001 kubota L3010 HST. What should I be looking to pay for a used one. I am assuming my tractor should go with a 5 footer. Could I go bigger??
    Any dealers out there that could give me an idea of what one would cost new?? (no hydraulics)

Thanks in advance for your help!!
    I would try this gentleman from Barlow Farm Equipment. (bradybarlow@gmail.com) He is a person that will help you out with any question and will not steer you wrong. He is often on this web site giving advice. It would not hurt you to just key in some words to him and he will correspond with you via e-mail if you care to. I have purchased many items from him including our B26 last June which we love and he is still there to answer my questions.
    The Gotcha Man

(07) Kubota B26-(83)Kubota B7100D-(09) Chevy 1500 Silverado Z71 4X4 LTZ ext cab-(07) Chevy Silverado 2500HD crew cab 4X4 LTZ-(07)Cub Cadet 1046-Troy-Built 8.5 HP Vac/Chipper-Agri-fab plug aerator 48"-48" Agri-fab tine de-thatcher-Agri-fab Mow-N-Vac-Agri-fab Pro spiker/seeder 175# cap.-(06)5 ton 10PI18 Big Tex flat bed trailer-(07)TR6810L5 5 ton Down East dump trailer-(07)35SA10 Big Tex utility trailer-Tow behind 10 HP 4-way log splitter

Tractor
    L5450, L48, L3250, L345

I'd also recommend 6 ft width for the L3010. Let your HST match the speed to the snow depth.

There have been quite a few snowblower brands over the years

Anderson
    Argo Trend
    AgPlus
    Allied
    Buhler
    BerVac
    Badger
    Coop
    Couture
    Detson
    Erskine
    Farm King
    Ford
    George White
    Hagedorn
    Husky
    IFE
    Inland
    International
    JRW
    John Deere
    kubota
    Lorenz
    LuckNow
    Lull
    MFD
    McKee
    Meteor
    New Idea
    Normand
    New Holland
    Poulan
    Pronovost
    RAD
    Roberge
    Steiner
    Smyth
    Schulte
    Sittler
    SnowMachines
    Woods
    Walco

Maybe more. Snowblowers are big, but simple - they don't get used very many actual hours so they tend to last a very long time. Even an old rusty one may work just fine if the gearbox and bearings are ok. Sometimes you can find a heavily-built older one for only $100. I think new ones start around $800 for a light duty - and go up.

If you do a search here at TBN you'll find lots of input.
    Last edited by rbargeron; 06-17-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Tractor
    Kubota L3130

Sorry I can't help with the going prices, I bought my kubota used last fall and the snowblower came with it. Mine is a 5' JRW Enterprise. They don't appear to be in business any longer. As mentioned, the units aren't too complicated. Make sure you know where ALL the shear bolts are when you find a blower and start using it. I didn't realize mine had 2 locations protected by shear bolts until I broke both of them on a dark, cold, snowy night

Tractor: Kubota L3130 HST w/LA513 loader, JRW Snowblower, Big Bee Agri-four rotary mower and Land pride 72" finish mower
    Terrain- 5.25 acres, hilly, partially wooded, 700' concrete driveway.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac

Here in snow country used blowers go for from $400 for a small one to $1200 for a large one.
    I can't control my day but I can control my attitude.

Richmond VA & Martha's Vineyard, People's Republik of Massachusetts
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB

where do people find used blowers? Granted I'm not in much of an area for them, but I never see used 3 pt equipment
    ----------------------------------------
    Charles

Kubota B3030
    Kubota M59 w/hydro thumb
    Neat stuff - ATI Preseeder, Hydraulic PHD, Wallenstein BX62r Chipper, Millonzi Grapple, CA 4n1 Bucket. Delta Hook Rear QA system.
    Too many other random attachments to list (or to own, per my wife) and a really bad tool addiction. But at least I haven't bought a dump truck or bulldozer. Yet.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2004 BX2230

New 51" Meteor last year was $1600.

But my steel guy came in last week to tell me that steel is going through the roof in the last 6 months. So it's not going to be pretty getting a new one. I couldn't find a used one before. But I'll keep this one forever if I can.

Tractor
    Kubota L3130

Quote Originally Posted by ByronBob
    But my steel guy came in last week to tell me that steel is going through the roof in the last 6 months. So it's not going to be pretty getting a new one.
    Yep - carbon steel has gone from ~$.40/lb to almost $1.00/lb since the beginning of the year. Used snowblowers should still be a good bargin if you can find one.

FWIW I found my tractor/mower/blower on Craigslist. I do see some 3-point attachments listed on there once in a while.
    Tractor: Kubota L3130 HST w/LA513 loader, JRW Snowblower, Big Bee Agri-four rotary mower and Land pride 72" finish mower
    Terrain- 5.25 acres, hilly, partially wooded, 700' concrete driveway.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesaf3
    where do people find used blowers? Granted I'm not in much of an area for them, but I never see used 3 pt equipment

Most of my impliments i've bought slightly used. Craigslist , EBAY (though ebay is a huge disappointment now), Uncle Henry's Classified....... sometimes the local dealers have interesting stuff. I stay away from anything that looks rode hard and put away wet, but have found decent deals on stuff. If its an impliment i'm not going to use alot, its nice to pay about half price for a decent used one. Now if i could only find that slightly used PTO stump grinder !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast