BX2200 or B2410

/ BX2200 or B2410 #11  
i would think the 2410 is the smallest u would want to go, it will do the job but take a little longer than something that could handel a 72 in mower, guess it depends on the type of grass u want to cut in the fields, the lenght of it and the amt. of seat time u have available to u. i have b2400 and i love it, but u might want to consider something larger,cost is always a factor. another thing to consider is the wight of the tractor , sometimes a bigger machine can be too heavy for your ground conditions. all things to consider.

/ BX2200 or B2410 #12  
Get at least the 2710! I have a very similar situation as you. We only have 11 acres, but we have christmas trees, and soon grape vines. We also have a pond to maintain. YOu will want a 5 foot bush hog, and the 2710 will handle that just fine. I have a VERY soft lawn in the spring, but I can mow it with NO damage or marks of any kind if I am careful. I use a 60 mmm, but I would buy a 72 mmm if I could do it over. You may want to consider a rear mount mower AND a bush hog (different equipment, though they look the same from the top!). I think the rear mower trailing wheel(s) would be more likely to cause damage during spring mowing on sharp turns, but that would be a relatively low risk/concern for me. I can stand the occasional ruts - just smooth them out later! More importantly for you is what else you will do with your land down the road. If you EVER would consider a backhoe, you need a heavier machine. I find the backhoe has endless uses around my "estate" /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. Even so, the extra "oomph" of the FEL is justification enough, especially when you start using it to lift large, heavy logs you have cut to maintain your beautiful walking trails through the woods. And to spin the chipper to chip those logs to spread on your walking trails, that requires serious horsepower, too! Oh the things we could do if we only didn't have to work/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ BX2200 or B2410 #13  
good advice paul! BUT u had to go spoil it and mention the work word. i have to go back monday after ten days off/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif and it is to wet and cold here to even cut my lawn.

/ BX2200 or B2410
I have been shopping over the last few weeks and test driving the BX2200, B7500 and B2410. I am pretty certain that I want to buy the B2410 for my 17.5 acre property with 10 acres of grass. It handles much better than I thought it would...I thought it would feel bigger. I have a quote of $13,400 for the B2410 with a 60 inch MMM after the rebate has been subtacted. What do you guys think of that quote.Thanks for your help,E(My Ford/New Holland LS-55 really needs a rest)

/ BX2200 or B2410 #15  
I think the price is decent and I think you are going with the proper machine for your size acerage and described needs. Not to big, not to little--just right, Kubota B2410.
J