Dealer financing for slightly used kubota at the dealer

/ financing for slightly used kubota at the dealer #1  

mark2610d

Silver Member
Tractor
L3240HSTC
I have a ever so slightly used 2007 (70 hr 3240hstc) that I can get a great deal on at the loacl kubota dealer problem is what kind of APR will I get on the financing for this tractor. How many years will kubota credit go on slightly used tractors? Will kubota credit give the the good special rate that I get with a new tractor if I pay more down payment? What will the rates be?

Just wondering if it's worth the savings if you have to pay a higher APR for aslightly used tractor vs new.

What do you folks think? Any ideas on the APR?

Mark

/ financing for slightly used kubota at the dealer #2  
Hey Mark
When I was shopping for my B2920 earlier this month, there was a slightly used (17 hours) B7610 on the lot that had NO paint scratched off the loader. It had only been used for mowing. The price was high and I asked about Kubota financing and the salesman said the 0% would not apply. I checked the Kubota.com "financing" site and there is no option listed for used equipment. There is one place that lists 11.5% for equipment and it did not state "New". You would have to check with a dealer to be sure. A credit union might be the best bet. I ended up getting my new B2920 for less than they wanted for that used 7610. But I didn't buy from that dealer either. If you're considering a used piece, you may find your overall cost to be less by buying a new one with that 0%. Good Luck

/ financing for slightly used kubota at the dealer
I figured that would be the case. If you have cash to pay for entire tractor then used is probably a savings over new. If you have to finance then new is the better deal I would think.

Thanks,

Mark

/ financing for slightly used kubota at the dealer #4  
Buy new, then you don't have to guess how the tractor was taken care of before you bought it and a new tractor normally comes with a warranty and that is worth a lot.

/ financing for slightly used kubota at the dealer #5  
We've found that some of the local credit unions offer better rates then the manufacture will on used.

The companies from time to time if there is a glut of used in dealers yards might offer a lower rate but it is not normal.

/ financing for slightly used kubota at the dealer #6  
Its usually 7-9% depending on your credit. Its somthing they do look to make a profit off of, so you'll usually find better rates from a bank / credit union.

/ financing for slightly used kubota at the dealer
Stoped by the local kubota dealer and they said that used was a huge differnece than buying new even with 1 hour on a used tractor. Once the tractor has been registered it is "used" and the whole game rules for change for getting financing. The dealer sid there latest price sheet was 60 months at 11.5% ouch!!

I think new is the way to go if you have to finance a big portion of the tractor. Looks like that is the new plan.

Thanks for all the help,
Mark

/ financing for slightly used kubota at the dealer #9  
I bought mine used and if I recall correctly I got 7.5% through Kubota Finance Corp. It was a similar situation to yours. Dealer wanted to move some of the used machines and I happened to walk in at the right time. I had most of the price in cash so I payed it off in a hurry to cut down on the interest. My tractor had 74hrs when it was delivered.