New B2620 on the way!

/ New B2620 on the way! #1  

Evil the Weasel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
After years of reading these forums and struggling to get by with my 2WD G series, I finally bought a real tractor. I live on 10 acres of hilltop in central NY and the Winter here can be brutal with drifting snow filling in my 225' driveway. We have wind break trees planted, but they're not big enough yet to solve the problem. I'm also mowing 4 acres of grass, and that takes a lot more time than I'd like it to. Anyway, here is what I ended up getting: B2620HST with bar/turf tires, LA364 loader w/ bucket and grill guard, 60" MMM, B2781A 51" blower w/ hydraulic rotation, and ballast box. The dealer suggested I go with the bar/turf combo tires which apparently are turf in the front and bar in the rear. He said this is the first tractor he has seen that tire option available on. I saw a B2920 at another dealership set up the same way. The theory is that the front turfs will be easier on the lawn with the rear bar tires providing good traction for snow removal and loader work. I'm not sure when delivery is going to be scheduled but I will post again with pics when it does. I can't wait!

EtW

/ New B2620 on the way! #2  
Congratulations on your decision, and purchase! I took delivery of my B2620 a little over a week ago, and am very pleased with the trractor so far. I noticed in the manual that the tractor was capable of running a 60" snowblower, but I don't think Kubota has a front mounted blower that size. So far I have just run a 48" rotary cutter, and a 4" wood chipper on mine, but had no problems with either. You will really enjoy the tractor you chose!

/ New B2620 on the way!
That's interesting regarding the 60" blower. The only options listed in the dealer catalog pages were the one I ordered, a rear mount, and a BX model that was 50" I believe. The 63" B2782 shows up for the 7800, 2630, and 3030 but apparently not for the 2X20 series. The 51" is still a couple inches wider than the tractor so I think I will be ok. The 51" is listed as high capacity while the 63" unit is not which adds to the confusion.

EtW

/ New B2620 on the way! #4  
I think that the 51" blower will be a good match, and that's probably what I would buy. I saw the mention of the 60" capacity in the manual, and wondered if Kubota had come out with a larger blower for the new B series.

/ New B2620 on the way!
ChuckinNH said:
I think that the 51" blower will be a good match, and that's probably what I would buy. I saw the mention of the 60" capacity in the manual, and wondered if Kubota had come out with a larger blower for the new B series.

Not yet. They're waiting for me to take delivery of the 51" just to irritate me :eek: You can configure the 2630/3030 with the 51" blower too, but the machines are wider than this unit so it makes little sense to do so.

On another note, my salesman was showing me how to work the controls on a B2920. He puts his foot under the pedal and lifts up on it to move in reverse. He prefers it to the reverse pedal and said it is more intuitive. I tried it and it worked ok, but I don't know if your average Winter boot is going to fit under there.

EtW