Kubota RTV 1100

/ Kubota RTV 1100 #1  

sunnybrook69

I drove by my Kubota dealer a bunch of times before I stopped in to look at the RTV 900. The salesman gave me the keys and, after driving it, I knew this was what I wanted. The following Saturday I hooked up my trailer and went to pick it up. My wife wanted to go and that's where the story really starts. We got to the dealership and, since it was hot that day, she went inside. The salesman and I loaded the 900 and went inside to do the paperwork. My wife smiled at me and pointed to the 1100. She told me how I could be cool in the summer and warm in the winter and then she said it was "cute". When she said that, I should have realized that I had a problem. Anyway, we unloaded the 900, loaded the 1100 and headed home. I had a new 1100 and all was well; or so I thought. A few days later, she thought it would be a good idea to put a sprayed in bedliner installed so I wouldn't scratch the bed. She also mentioned that she couldn't see out the rear very well or to the side. I got the bed done as well as the floorboards, put a golf cart sytle mirror in place of the original one and installed some side view mirrors. Then I found out what "cute" meant. We have a camper we keep at a local campground and she said it would be nice if we took the RTV so we could ride around the campground. I told her that I bought it to help me do things around the house-remove fallen trees, haul dirt and rocks and such. We "talked" about it some and reached a "compromise". It went to the campground the following weekend. After a few weeks at the capmground with her RTV, she dropped another bombshell. She said that since we liked camping so much that it would be a good idea to sell the house, camper and RTV and get a motorhome. Sounds crazy, but I actually like the idea. So now, the RTV is for sale.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 #2  
I lived in my 40 foot motor home full time for 7 1/2 years, working consulting jobs in different parts of the country. The very best feature was that my wife was out on the road with me for three years before she died. I would not trade that experience for anything - - it was wonderful.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 #3  
Hey SunnyBrook,

You either have no job that ties you down or have more money than the rest of us or you are ***** Whipped and she has the funds.....

/ Kubota RTV 1100 #4  
There is no doubt who holds the wallet in your family. The problem will come when the flap is empty and the large ideas are still flowing. Take some pictures and remember the experiences because the road ahead may turn to gravel with large rocks.
* I like to dream about owning a huge diesel motorhome driving lifes highways with fuel about fifty cents a mile plus depreciation, insurance, and the list of expenses. I think it is great if you have the bank account to support it. There are certainly enough of them on the highway. ( and Wallmart parking lots )

/ Kubota RTV 1100 #5  
:welcome: even thou its not 2008 no more