What is your uncut circle ?

/ What is your uncut circle ? #1  

Anonymous Poster

OK, maybe I missed it. The next time y'all are out mowing, measure your uncut circle (w/o brakes)!

BX w/60"MMM
7500 w/60"MMM
2410 w/60"MMM
2710/2910 w/60"MMM
2710/2910 w/72"MMM
3010 w/72"MMM

If this is already posted somewhere, let us know. Otherwise, I'll summarize the above in a repost. Thanks!

/ What is your uncut circle ? #2  
To the best of my memory since my BX now resides in La. for the time being the BX with 60 inch MMM had an uncut circle of 36 inches diameter and a few days ago I measured my 2410 with 60 MMM at an average of 72 inches. Both were without brakes, steering wheels hard over and in 2WD mode. J

/ What is your uncut circle ? #3  
Farmboyron
I check my 2910 with 72" MMM today. I though the circle looked about 48" across. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif But when I got off the tractor to measure, it was 72". /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ What is your uncut circle ? #4  
So with a 60 MMM that would be an uncut circle of 84 inches for a 2710??
Uncut circle of the JD455 with 60 in MMM is listed as 49 inches diameter--which makes me think I messed you guys up on the BX. Since I do not have it here to remeasure and I think I screwed this up once before. I think the actual uncut diameter for the BX is 60 inches or just under. The radius on the 2410 is 36 and the radius on the BX was 30 inches. I got them confused again. Anyway, that is still a good number for the BX at a 60 inch diameter with 60 inch MMM. This shows a logical progression as the wheelbase is increased (using a 60 MMM) the 55 inch wb BX is 60 inches, the 60 inch wb 2410 is 72 inches and the 66 inch wb 2710 is 84 inches.
Hey looking here the all wheel steer 455 is a diameter of 13 inches--yep--13 inch DIAMETER with 60 inch MMM--that is a 6.5 inch radius.
The turning diameter with 48 inch MMM deck for the Sears DGT 4000 23 horse GT is 60 inches for sake of comparison since there are a lot of this type unit about.
It has been a rainy cold day--how can you tell.
Sorry again for posting incorrect info--it was not intentional--radius, diameter, Pi equals what /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif ??
J

/ What is your uncut circle ? #5  
Can we RMM people play too? My 60" 3PH finish mower must have something like a 10 foot uncut circle. With some easily-learned steering technique, it can trim around the kid's tetherball pole, the little pines, etc. To mow around things, I cut half from the right side on one pass, then the other half on the left at the next pass..................chim