BX22 Has Arrived - First Impressions

/ BX22 Has Arrived - First Impressions #1  

techman

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX22
My BX22 was delivered today after a month's wait. Very Orange

Overall very impressive to use. I mounted and demounted the MMM, FEL and BH. I found that the FEL was a bit tricky to get back on. The mounting arms had attained slightly differing angles and it took a bit of jockeying to get everything realigned. The BH was actually a bit easier to get back on.

I dug a few mini trenches and realize that the choreography of running a BH will come only with a quite a bit of experiemce. I wasn't too bad but the instinct of what to move is definitely not there. Luckily my neighbor "did me a favor" and let me dig out a stump for him.

My big problem using the FEL is my prior training. I has a Simplicity large frame before, which has the hydro control on a hand lever. The FEL control is in about the same spot, and when I wanted to back up with a load in the bucket I instinctively lowered the bucket. Again just a matter of retraining.

Overall after 4 hrs on the clock, I can say that it is quite a machine.

/ BX22 Has Arrived - First Impressions #2  
You will find a ton of stuff to do with it that you have not even thought about yet. Also before you do alot of digging make sure you know were the underground utilities are.

Thanks Rusty

/ BX22 Has Arrived - First Impressions #3  
techman
Congrats on the new tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Don’t forget to update your profile from waiting to using. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ BX22 Has Arrived - First Impressions #4  
Techman,

Congrats on your Very Orange!!

Put up some pics when you get a chance, BTW what was the stump/tree size you pulled out?

Also what's the ground clearance w/o the mmm? Is there a steel pan between the subframe?

Carl

/ BX22 Has Arrived - First Impressions
The stump was from a 12" dia birch, all together about 20". I didn't "pull" it. I dug around the sides with the BH and then used the BH bucket to pry it our. All together about 15 minutes and didn't break a sweat.

I can't give you a number on the ground clearance. My guess is 10-12". I had the deck off for a while and it is back on now. I'll measure it in a few days. Raining like the dickens today, so didn't even go to look at it in the shed. One thing I did do yesterday w/o the deck was a tromp through the woods. Using the FEL as the cutter/battering ram I could easily go where I wanted. Small (1-2") trees aren't even noticed. I had no problem climbing over 12" downed trees in 4WD lo.

As for the underside, it looks like the 2200 plus the extra frame members on the sides. There is no pan other than the floor pan.

paul

/ BX22 Has Arrived - First Impressions #6  
congrats on the new bx. u will get used to the use of it, just take it slow and easy.

/ BX22 Has Arrived - First Impressions #7  
Techman, the ground clearance "problem" with the BX as you are finding out for yourself is a much exaggerated issue. The main thing to watch out for is the exposed hydro steering pushrods. If you plan a lot of brush dozing a simple pair of guards could be easily fabricated--hey Kubota are you listening?
Hey, tanks don't look like they have much ground clearence either! J

/ BX22 Has Arrived - First Impressions #8  
Techman,

That's an impressive size - 12" to remove, shows the power in a small unit. Regarding grd clearance, I looked at the BX 2200 - looks like about 9" +- so just was wondering if the BX22 is different and or similar to the B21 with underbody pan between the subframe.

My neighbor is thinking about a unit and we were working at his place this weekend (before the rain) taking out some trees and shrubs. He wants a MMM/FEL/BH and has a garage with 7'H doors, plus a small place in ME he wants to transport with a F150 4x4 so this sounds like a good fit for him.

Carl