L35 or L4610???

/ L35 or L4610??? #21  
Joe,
Nope,never did and couldn't imagine why you would want to unless you had a mid-mount-mower.I did a fair amount of brush and field mowing w/a brush hog and when I was mowing I would curl the bucket back all the way and lower the loader so the bucket was about 6 to 10 inches off the ground,this did two things,1-the bucket would hit an object(rocks or stumps) that was a potential hazard for the mower or machine,this way I could stop or adjust the height of the mower to avoid any damage and 2-it would give you a clean line of site.Also I wouldn't let the fact that the hydraulics for the hoe are "built in" it actually makes for a cleaner setup and better hoe performance.One more thing, as somebody else has allready said for the money it is worth looking at the L48,it isn't that much more than the 35 money wise,but it is quite a bit more machine,I've run one and like everybody seems to say,(and I would have to agree) it is very powerful and very smooooth!

/ L35 or L4610???
Thanks to everyone that answered questions and gave thoughts and experiences. After several people suggesting that I take a closer look at the L48, I've decided to to take a close look at it. While visiting the local dealer I asked for a quote on the L48 and he quoted me $39,210 after the $1500 rebate was subtracted. Seemed high to me, what do you think? I know there are some threads on the L48 vs. the L4610 so I'll be watching those closely also. Thanks again to all.

/ L35 or L4610??? #23  
Joe,
That price sounds pretty good,especially considering an L35 goes for about 33-34000.Did you price the 48 with any options,and if so which ones?

/ L35 or L4610??? #24  
I assume that was for the TLB version. If this <A target="_blank" HREF=http://carverequipment.com/L48_tractor_loader_backhoe.htm>http://carverequipment.com/L48_tractor_loader_backhoe.htm</A> is any indication, then that sounds like a good price. The guy I bought mine from said he paid $42,000 for a year ago.

-david

/ L35 or L4610??? #25  
Joe,

The price sounds OK pending options & those can drive up the price. A good price for the L48 is around $38K, but check a few dealers first, seem the prices in west are higher for TLBs'

Since this is the Orange forum and you are looking at the L48 might want to take a look at the JD 110 as an option. I said look..

Carl

/ L35 or L4610???
Tags,
That price was the basic TLB with the HD loader bucket, 12" hoe bucket, rubber stabilizer pads, and a block heater.
Joe

/ L35 or L4610???
DavidinNH,
It was the same as in your link except it didn't have the 4n1 bucket. It just had the HD bucket.
Joe

/ L35 or L4610???
Carl,
It does seem that prices are a little higher in the west (at least in Colorado) from some of the postings I've seen. I've priced the L4610 and the JD4710 and they both seem to run about $1000 to $1500 higher here than those I see posted from the east coast.
I've considered the JD110 but it appears that there is a considerable wait and the dealer I spoke with knew nothing about it. I had much more info from reading on it here than he had.
Joe

/ L35 or L4610??? #29  
Just out of curiosity, why did you select a 12" backhoe bucket?

When I was looking at new equipment, I was just getting around to thinking about bucket sizes. I then found the used L48 and it had a 2' bucket. I figured that I would start with that and could always buy a second, smaller bucket if I didn't like it. I've now used the backhoe for several projects - digging stumps (4" to 24"), removing rocks (around here, they always seem to be small and then when you start digging, they end up being 2-3') and digging ditches. I certainly haven't clocked a ton of backhoe time, but right now the 2' bucket seems to be about right.

I haven't come across any discussions on this topic, but I haven't gone looking either.

-david

/ L35 or L4610???
Hi David,
Two reasons for the 12" bucket: 1) I plan to dig for a septic system and wanted to keep the digging for leach lines narrow to disturb as little as possible. 2) I am in very rocky soil with some rocks up to 3' in diameter and read in another post that having a narrower bucket would put much less stress on the pins at attach it and do less damage if you hit a rock or stump with the edge of the bucket. My thinking was that if I needed to go wider I could always take a little more time and get there with a 12" but I couldn't go narrower with a 24". If I've really made a mistake on the narrow bucket I could later just bite the bullet and get a wider one.
Joe