2005 BX2230, 50" snowblower, 54"MMM, Bagger system...

/ 2005 BX2230, 50" snowblower, 54"MMM, Bagger system... #1  

Mowbizz

Platinum Member
Tractor
'14 Kubota BX25D
Tractor has 83.1 hours and has had the 50 hour service. What should this sell for to a private party. In 2005 we paid $16,000.
I have it on Craigslist for $13.5k and have had some interest after just one day.
Am I on the money as far as selling price?
If you're wondering why this is for sale, I'm in the lawn care business and have professional ZTR's and I also plow snow in winter. This is my girlfriend's tractor that she bought for me to do her property but it's a little ridiculous to have it in the garage while I have all the equipment needed to do the job. I also own my own BX24, so we're well covered in the equipment area. This is the Northern Massachusetts Southern New Hampshire area. Tractor prices are higher up here than other parts of the country, I believe.

/ 2005 BX2230, 50" snowblower, 54"MMM, Bagger system... #2  
are will to sell the blower or the blower or both

/ 2005 BX2230, 50" snowblower, 54"MMM, Bagger system...
are will to sell the blower or the blower or both

Hmmm...not sure what part you're asking for (blower or the blower or both what?)
Anyway I would rather the tractor get sold as a package as it would be more desirable that way.

Hmmm...no opinions at all??? C'mon, someone must have an opinion on whether this sale price is in the ballpark....:confused:

/ 2005 BX2230, 50" snowblower, 54"MMM, Bagger system... #5  
Does it have a loader? Problem is someone can buy new and get 0%, for just a few grand more.
I think you would have to be in the 10 grand range to move it. And that would be with a loader. JMO

Does it have a loader? Problem is someone can buy new and get 0%, for just a few grand more.
I think you would have to be in the 10 grand range to move it. And that would be with a loader. JMO

No loader, but the hydraulics are there for the snow blower so the loader would be an easy option to buy as an add on...I/ve reduced the price by $1000...so let's see where that goes. Thanks for the opinion but I ain't giving this low hours machine away for that price...

/ 2005 BX2230, 50" snowblower, 54"MMM, Bagger system... #7  
I have an opinion...you're a lucky guy to have your girlfriend buy a tractor like this for you so you can mow her grass...

As far as the price, I think $10K is too low if it had a loader. That said, $13.5K is a little strong for a machine WITHOUT a loader. My original rig is similar to yours except you have the snowblower instead of my FEL and your deck is 6" narrower. I paid $15k new.

I would think the $11.5K to $12.5K price is where you need to be. As is the case with these things, you're competing with 0% financing on new machines. And the lack of a loader would turn off some buyers if there is another similar machine being sold that HAD a loader. Sure, a Woods loader is easy enough to add, but I've seen one and it is NOT as nice as the Kubota LA211 loader.

Personally, I'd talk to your dealer and get an installed price on a LA211 and be armed with that for everyone that comes by. That way you can say, "Take it up to such and such dealer and talk to Sam...he'll add a loader in 3 days for $1,800 out the door. I've already talked to him about it..."

THAT scenario would make me more comfortable with the $13K price...at least then I know what I've got and I don't have to LEAVE your house, do research, then come back...by then, I've found another tractor that is easier to deal with.

I have an opinion...you're a lucky guy to have your girlfriend buy a tractor like this for you so you can mow her grass...

As far as the price, I think $10K is too low if it had a loader. That said, $13.5K is a little strong for a machine WITHOUT a loader. My original rig is similar to yours except you have the snowblower instead of my FEL and your deck is 6" narrower. I paid $15k new.

I would think the $11.5K to $12.5K price is where you need to be. As is the case with these things, you're competing with 0% financing on new machines. And the lack of a loader would turn off some buyers if there is another similar machine being sold that HAD a loader. Sure, a Woods loader is easy enough to add, but I've seen one and it is NOT as nice as the Kubota LA211 loader.

Personally, I'd talk to your dealer and get an installed price on a LA211 and be armed with that for everyone that comes by. That way you can say, "Take it up to such and such dealer and talk to Sam...he'll add a loader in 3 days for $1,800 out the door. I've already talked to him about it..."

THAT scenario would make me more comfortable with the $13K price...at least then I know what I've got and I don't have to LEAVE your house, do research, then come back...by then, I've found another tractor that is easier to deal with.

LOL..yeah, she's quite a gal...! Anyway thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a great idea to pre-price a loader and let prospective buyers know that it's feasible and still cheaper than new.