Default What to offer?

Neighbor has a 07 bx 2350 117 hrs, 54in deck, and fel. It looks to be real nice other than scratches from cutting under trees. He wants to go bigger, so hes going to trade if I dont make an offer. What Yall Think?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 & MX5100

Default Re: What to offer?

I just sold my 06 BX2350 with 225 Hrs. for $8500. It also had a 54" deck and FEL. With more patience I probably could have gotten a little more.......CJ

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX 24

Quote Originally Posted by sarge rmb View Post
    Neighbor has a 07 bx 2350 117 hrs, 54in deck, and fel. It looks to be real nice other than scratches from cutting under trees. He wants to go bigger, so hes going to trade if I dont make an offer. What Yall Think?
    Can you do both? In other words, can he have the dealer show as a trade saving him tax if it is a taxable purchase and then sell to you at the same time for the trade in price. Win / Win and adds to the total value he receives for less cash from you.

Only works if a taxable purchase of course.
    I know it is done often on cars.
    Kevin
    2008 Kubota BX24, 60" MMM, 60" King Kutter XB Landscape Rake w/ wheelkit

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L4740 HSTC-1, Quick Attach LA854, H.D. bucket, Top-n-Tilt

But then the sale of the trade-in would have to be taxed. To make it come out "even", the dealer would have to sell it at a loss to offset the sale tax.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by txkevin View Post
    Can you do both? In other words, can he have the dealer show as a trade saving him tax if it is a taxable purchase and then sell to you at the same time for the trade in price. Win / Win and adds to the total value he receives for less cash from you.

Only works if a taxable purchase of course.
    I know it is done often on cars.
    Kubota L4740 HSTC-1, Q.A. LA854, H.D. bucket, Top-n-Tilt, EZ tooth bar, Bush Hog 286, ArmstrongAg 48" forks, ArmstrongAG grapple, W.R. Long electric over hydraulic valve kit