Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question)

/ Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question) #11  
would consider a bx24 or 25 the back hoe will be used more times than you can count. with a smaller tractor you can do most of what the big ones do it just takes longer.

**tooth bar is a must have it will almost double your diggin speed.

tommu
1*I have A KUBOTA BX23 with a FEL & Back Hoe and a Kubota BX1500 with a tiller and front blade.

Would there be any advantage to getting a tooth bar for the FEL since i have a BH and a Tiller on the 2 tractors?

/ Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question) #12  
I think I would disagree with the previous user in regards to the MMM. I have the MMM and wish the front tires didn't mash the grass down before the grass gets to my mower. The grass mashes down a little and doesn't spring back up before the deck gets to it. I would imagine that it would really irritate me having the heavier and larger rear tires mashing the grass down before going under the mower. I could be wrong and would recommend checking into both configurations. I have never used a flail mower so take it just as a thought that you may want to consider.

/ Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question) #13  
I adore the BX, but I have to say that the BX would get lost in your projects and on your land. You need something bigger. If you had any flexibility in budget, you really need a small L series.

And absolutely no question, without a doubt, don't give it a thought, bite the bullet and GET THE FEL with the biggest B (or smallest L) you can afford.

A backhoe is spectacular, but in your position, it is far more critical to get the FEL with your bigger tractor than to go smaller (BX) and get a backhoe.

I can't speak to MMM vs. RFM, but with the other duties you have in mind, perhaps a RFM would be worthy of consideration just so you can keep down the grass in these other areas. If you're not a huge fan of the mow quality of the RFM in your finished areas, get the MMM in a year or so.

And as others have said, it is FINE to get a BX and it will do everything you ask, but it will all take just a little longer.

/ Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question) #14  
I would not be without the FEL on my BX 24. From lifting stuff I cant pick up to moving dirt and rocks to uprooting small trees and stumps to pulling t-posts to carrying stuff to a work area, I consider the FEL a must have.

/ Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question) #15  
I would not be without the FEL on my BX 24.
From lifting stuff I cant pick up to moving dirt and rocks to uprooting small trees and stumps to pulling t-posts to carrying stuff to a work area, I consider the FEL a must have.

I didn't Know you could buy a FEL without a tractor.

L B

/ Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question) #16  
Huh? That's not what he said.

Anyway, you are more than welcome to buy an FEL without a tractor. It just won't work to good mounted to the front of the wheelbarrow. Unless you're AAAHHHRRRNIE

/ Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question) #17  
I'll chime in I have a B7800 and only 3 acres and am trying to convince the wife I need something bigger. If you're going to mow unless it's really tight quarters I'd go with a Rear grooming mower instead of a MMM. I think I could do it just as fast with a zero turn but the grooming mower was much cheaper.

You can do lots of work with a smaller tractor but it will just take longer. Just the same way you could do it with a push mower it will just take longer.

It will be much cheaper to buy the correct tractor now instead of buying a small one now and a big one later.

/ Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question) #18  
I think I would disagree with the previous user in regards to the MMM. I have the MMM and wish the front tires didn't mash the grass down before the grass gets to my mower. The grass mashes down a little and doesn't spring back up before the deck gets to it. I would imagine that it would really irritate me having the heavier and larger rear tires mashing the grass down before going under the mower. I could be wrong and would recommend checking into both configurations. I have never used a flail mower so take it just as a thought that you may want to consider.

The vacuuming action of the flail mowers rotor and air paddles will suck up the down gras and mow it with no problem and with alot less energy needed due to the rotors acting as a flywheel.

/ Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question) #19  
I bet the markup is higher on the bx...

jb

/ Another newcomer...advice needed (including tax question) #20  
Huh? That's not what he said.
Anyway, you are more than welcome to buy an FEL without a tractor. It just won't work to good mounted to the front of the wheelbarrow. Unless you're AAAHHHRRRNIE
I know I know it was just a play on words.
L B