Which model???? BX22, B2410, B2710

/ Which model???? BX22, B2410, B2710 #1  

Hogkeeper

Tractor
BX22
I'm replacing my old ford with a new Kubota. I have about 10 acres to up keep and do some side work (electrical) 18" deep trenching for conduit. I like the BX because of the size. It looks like it can get into some tight spots which is a plus for me. I also plan on adding a mower so I can put my lawn tractor to bed, (3+ acres grass) another plus for the smaller tractor.
The Big question can the BX cut it or do I need to jump up to the 24, 27 model? When I look at the specifications I dont see a big difference other than the 2710 is a four cylinder with more lift capacity??? and lot more price.
I dont need all the lift but I do need a machine that will dig, dig, dig. Any comments welcome.
All three tractors appear to be well engineered but I would like to hear from first hand owner experience.

/ Which model???? BX22, B2410, B2710
Thanks for all the help! Reviews gave me all the information I needed for now at least.

/ Which model???? BX22, B2410, B2710 #3  
Hogkeeper you have to give it some time for people to reply. Glad the reviews helped you.

What do you consider upkeep on the rest of your 10 acres? The 3 acres of lawn shouldnt be a problem for any of the tractors you listed.

As for the digging what ground conditions and how deep? If you have very rocky soil and need a higher breakout on the hoe then you may be better off with a bigger tractor than the BX22.

/ Which model???? BX22, B2410, B2710 #4  
   / Which model???? BX22, B2410, B2710 #5  
I know Kubota says the 2410 can power a trencher and i would have no fear using a small trencher on it. I do not have much knowledge of trenchers and I do think the BX could run a small trencher but really cannot answer your question.
"Can the BX cut it?"----- cut what?, I am afraid you will need to be more specific.
Check out all the similar recent threads.
J

/ Which model???? BX22, B2410, B2710
Paul, thanks for the suggestion to look at the thread. The input was intersting to say the least. Glueguy & trescrows helped make my mind up!!!!