Kubota B2320 Questions

/ Kubota B2320 Questions #1  

Farmall45b

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 Kubota B2650 HSD Cab
I am getting close to buying my first compact tractor. I have decided on a Kubota B2320 hydrostatic drive. I have a couple of questions that I hope somone can answer.
1. There is an optional 40 amp alternator for this tractor. The dealer says that I don't need it and he has never sold any of these higer capacity alternators. What is the reason that Kubota even offer the option of a high capacity alternator?
2. Engine block heater, do I need one? I am in Minnesota, but the tractor is going to be stored in a garage that usually is warmer than the outside tempature. The dealer says that I don't need one, that he can alway get the tractors on his lot started in cold weather without too much fuss.
3. I have quotes from 2 dealers and they differ quite a bit on price. How much can one bargin with a dealer on these tractors? Is there a bit of margin built into the price that the dealer can work with to make a deal? I want to buy from the more expensive dealer at the lower price.
4. Is this a good deal for my tractor, Kubota B2320 hydrostatic drive R4 tires, rear work light, front end loader, quick hitch and PTO for the front, front dozer blade with skid shoes, front snow blower, rear reciever hitch and weight bracket for 3 point hitch and 6 suitcase weights and hardware, delivery to my home, 50 hour service including pickup and delivery back to my home I pay for parts, $17,680 plus tax? Good deal or not?

/ Kubota B2320 Questions #2  
1) The OEM dynamo (thats what Kubota calls their small OEM alt) provides more than enough current to keep the battery charged, run the OEM electrics and even a couple more 35watt headlites but thats about all it'll "properly" handle.
If one wants to add a couple 2 or 3 more 55 watt lamps you'll need to optional 40 amp alt.
If you plan on adding an aftermarket cab and want to run a heater/defroster and additional lights you'll need the 40amp alt.

The OEM dynamo puts out about 14 - 15 amps @12vdc @ pto rpm which is about 180 watts. If the combined wattage of all your electrics is going to exceed this then you'll want to optional alt.

2) I don't need a block heater down my way so I'll defer on this one.
3) Some dealers will negotiate and some won't. Theres been many posts here where a dealer has let a customer walk as opposed to meeting a lower price. Be advised that if the higher priced dealer knows that you purchased the tractor from another dealer, he may put you at the very end of his service priority line and may even refuse to work on a warranty issue. Kubota sides with the dealer(s) on this but can force the issue. Thing is, do you want someone servicing your machine that doesn't want to?
4) That price doesn't look out of line, especially with all you\ve got included.

Good luck