Buying Advice B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice

/ B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice #1  

TractorMAC

Tractor
B2320 coming
Hi I am new to posting but have been lurking since spring. This place is great thanks to everyone who has posted, I have learn a lot here and now maybe will be able to contribute as well.

After reading this forum since March 2008 I just signed up today. I am waiting on the arrival of my Kubota 2320 with FEL and 60" MMM. We have 12 acres of land (2 ac lawn, 3 ac ballfields for the kids and 2 ac of steep sledding hill, the rest wooded).
We also have many maple trees, which are shedding huge amounts of leaves. I am looking at Leaf Vacs. My prior experience with baggers, along with comments on threads here have me convinced that a large trailer vac is the way to go. I also need to be cost consciensous after spending more than I originally anticipated on a B vs the BX, again thanks to comments here on helping me purchase the right size, bigger than I thought.

I have been looking at the Agri-Fab Hard Top Mow-N-Vac Lawn Vacuum for around $999. The concern is the specifications say it will handle decks up to 54 inch width of cut. My MMM will be 60". Does anyone have any experience with this vac on B series Kubota with a 60 MMM?
Thanks
TractorMAC

/ B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice #2  
I used an Agri-Fab trailer vacuum behind my Kubota F2260 with 60" mower for years. Both worked well. However, I did have to purchase a different mower to vacuum connector as the Agri-Fab plastic one was not deep enough to give great results. I can't remember the brand I purchased but it was from the Kubota dealer.

OrangeGuy

/ B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice #3  
I purchased a used trac vac 880 about a year ago. I have been very impressed with it's performance and would buy another in an instant. There are always some on Ebay and usually go under the $1000 mark. You might want to check there and elsewhere. Most of the vac systems are so simple there is not a lot to go wrong other than the impeller or motor. Both of which won't break you to replace if needed.

Hagman

/ B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice #4  
No specific advice for you but I've run a cyclone rake behind my wheel horse and have been very impressed with the quality of the machine except for the Tecumseh engine, but they have changed over to Briggs Vanguard engines. The material, hardware, fit and finish were top notch. Haven't modified it yet to fit the BX.

/ B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice #5  
I run a trac-vac behind my BX2230 and it does all I ask for sure.Even when the leaves are damp, sucks them right up.Check auction site's as mentioned before used price's but leaf season is almost here, used price's will rise for sure.Buy the best you can afford your seldom disappointed.Trac-vac or cyclone rake in my opinion both make top notch machines.

/ B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice #6  
I have a Cyclone Rake bought 4 years ago. Never had a problem with it well engineered machine. Only complaint is it is loud and dusty but thats the nature of the beast. I hope to adapt it to my 2350 deck soon all I need is the boot.

/ B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice #7  
When looking at the units look at the materials hose size. The units with an eight inch materials hose works better with the large decks.

/ B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice #8  
Welcome TractorMac, Good Luck w/ the new tractor! I have a 2620 and love it!

/ B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice #9  
I have to say it is that time of year. There is another thread just started tonight under the owning/operating forum. I am curious what everybody has to say about this. I am leaning towards a trac-vac 3pt pto driven model, one less motor to maintain that will sit unused alot. I hadn't really considered the seperat motor option, but now will keep it in mind. Glad to here the 880 worked great. Trac-Vac's are made about 45 min. from where I live. I have heard of people getting a discount for having it shipped direct and assembling it themselves. They are expensive new.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/129905-3-pt-hitch-lawn-leaf.html

/ B2320 Grass/Leaf Vac advice #10  
I have to say it is that time of year. There is another thread just started tonight under the owning/operating forum. I am curious what everybody has to say about this. I am leaning towards a trac-vac 3pt pto driven model, one less motor to maintain that will sit unused alot. I hadn't really considered the seperat motor option, but now will keep it in mind. Glad to here the 880 worked great. Trac-Vac's are made about 45 min. from where I live. I have heard of people getting a discount for having it shipped direct and assembling it themselves. They are expensive new.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/129905-3-pt-hitch-lawn-leaf.html
A vacuum big enuf for a 60" mower will use 10 PTO HP. You may turn out to be pushing the max with mowing towing and running the vac. If the engine bogs down at all you lose some suction and are more prone to clogging.
larry