Price Check How to Determine Selling Price of 60" MMM?

/ How to Determine Selling Price of 60" MMM? #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Simple as that. My B7510 is just tearing up my lawn when turning, and I'm about fed up with it. My last B7500 did the same thing, so when I bought this B7510, I got the round-edged front tires with the combination chevron/turf rears. I figured the round-edge fronts would solve the problem. No way.
So, now I am considering a ZTR. I don't plan on selling the tractor (I think) because of snow removal and the use of the loader, but I am sure that after using a zero turn, I'll probably never touch the 60" mid-mount mower again. I figure if I sell it, I can at least put the money toward a zero.

How do I determine the cost to sell the MMM? Should I find out what they sell for new and deduct a few bucks, or what? The mower is in beautiful shape, with maybe 100 hours on it, but I'd keep it before giving it away. Thoughts are appreciated.

/ How to Determine Selling Price of 60" MMM? #2  
are you mowing in 4WD or 2WD?
If 4WD try 2WD as it will not cut into your lawn nearly as much,also are the guage wheels adjusted properly?
Taking care of this after talking to my dealer solved both problems for me
Good luck
DGS

/ How to Determine Selling Price of 60" MMM? #3  
Robertm, I just did the same thing, except my mower 60" was brand new used it for 7 minutes and decided I wanted a zero turn instead. You are right once you get used to the ZTR you will never want to mow w/ a tractor again (my opinion). My 60" brand new was exactly 2k, just to give you an idea of a starting point.

The only thing to think about is if you dont need the $ for the ZTR from selling your deck and have storage you could maybe think of keeping it as a back up in case your ZTR is down or for ballast for tractor if needed.

/ How to Determine Selling Price of 60" MMM? #4  
How do I determine the cost to sell the MMM? Should I find out what they sell for new and deduct a few bucks, or what? The mower is in beautiful shape, with maybe 100 hours on it, but I'd keep it before giving it away. Thoughts are appreciated.
I have A used BX1500 48'' mid mount mower for sale for $800 which is about half the $1450 cost new.
The local dealer has a used 60'' for $1350 which is about 80% of the $1650 new price.

Last edited:
   / How to Determine Selling Price of 60" MMM? #5  
Although I haven't tried it, I would think that if it is a mower for a current model consigning it with a dealer would be the best option, if the dealer would go along with it. Let the dealer take his cut, and sell it as used for a new machine. Just a thought.

/ How to Determine Selling Price of 60" MMM? #6  
Simple as that. My B7510 is just tearing up my lawn when turning, and I'm about fed up with it. My last B7500 did the same thing, so when I bought this B7510, I got the round-edged front tires with the combination chevron/turf rears. I figured the round-edge fronts would solve the problem. No way.
So, now I am considering a ZTR. I don't plan on selling the tractor (I think) because of snow removal and the use of the loader, but I am sure that after using a zero turn, I'll probably never touch the 60" mid-mount mower again. I figure if I sell it, I can at least put the money toward a zero.

As stated, a few adjustments with the machine and it will be much easier on the turf. I too have the same issues but have learned to work with the tractor and mow with minimal if any turf degradation (turf tires as well).

That said, the ZTRs are nice and I'd have one if I didn't have so much hillside to mow.

For the $1500 (give or take) that you may get for the MMM, I'd hang on to it in the case I wanted to sell the tractor for an upgrade. The MMM will make a nice, well-rounded package of attachments for a potential future buyer. Just sayin'.

/ How to Determine Selling Price of 60" MMM?
My B7500 had turfs and the front tires being so square edged would literally cut a ring in the grass with the outboard front tire. I bought the ag-turf tires on my B7510 thinking the well-rounded edges of the front tires would eliminate the problem and it didn't. I always mow in 2WD, and trying it in 4WD resulted in the obvious worse condition. The mower has nothing to do with the front outboard tire making the ring. Even creeping along I can see the tire pulling the grass out. I always mow in Low range. If I take a tighter corner without coming to a slow pace, the tires will leave a candy cane swirl in the yard as well.

My Dad runs Ag tires on his old 185 Kubota and mows like he's trying to get away from a swarm of bees. He has no cuts in his yard. I reda of others mowing with Ag tires with the same result. At best, I figure they experience that because the tire rides in the high spots, or the ribbed tread, so the tire wall, or corner face, never touches the grass or ground with any pressure. I priced new tires, and the are about $1,000 for rims and tires. I'd try just Ags on the front, but because of the different overall diameter, I could not use 4WD without changing all four tires. For that kind of money, I could buy a nice used garden tractor to trim, and give my 7 year-old son some tractor mowing time, too.