Delevery next week

/ Delevery next week #1  

Hogkeeper

Tractor
BX22
I live near the central valley in CA. Lots of agriculture and the equipment that go's with it. I looked at red, blue, green, and some tractors that might have been one of the previous mentioned colors once upon a time. I then tuned into TBN and lost a nights sleep researching more information than any of the dealers or private sellers could ever hope to supply. I looked at a few used KUBOTAS and found they do hold their price very well. One lady had an old K compact that she gave 5k for and she was asking 8k. Not the norm but I bet she gets close to her asking price

I decided on a new Kubota BX22 and put out E-mail inquiries for price and availability. I didn't get the response that one might have expected. Base price quotes ranged from 16k to high 19k. My local dealer sent me an E-mail quote of $15,600. base price. I must say that was not the quote I received at the dealership in person the day before.

The reasons for the inflated prices ranged. It all boils down to supply and demand. The rush for the new toy will be over soon and the base price will go back down. I might even have got a deal like Techmans had I waited a little longer.
Note! Dealers that I E-mailed don't bother sending messages stating you could have beat the price, The rest of you can rub it in a will.

My BX22 will come with bar tires and a 10" back hoe bucket. I'm taking Techmans advice on the bucket size. Techman is an engineer and I think his logic about small tractor small bucket is solid. I added the BX7330 back light kit and had the dealer put a spark screen on it. The fire danger in the Serria Nevada foothills gets high in the summers. Part of the BX22's use will be to help keep the areas fire danger down. Lots of dead wood and brush up here.

I also bought the RCK60B22BX mid mower and a 48" box scraper w/teeth. I'm having the dealer weld a couple of chain hooks on the bucked.

I took my wife over to the Kubota dealers to show her where all our money went. Her reply was " Oh isn't it cute"

The next step will be how to use it. I have never used a backhoe. I have dreamed of one every time I stuck a digging bar, pick or shovel into the ground. At 58 years old thats a lot of dreaming and this is a dream come true. I can hardly wait until next Wednesday

Thanks TBN and all who provided input. You all helped me make the right decision.

/ Delevery next week #2  
Congrats on the new machine. I bet you'll love it as much or more than I do mine. The backhoe is a dream, a stumps worse nightmare. Good luck and send pics.

/ Delevery next week #3  
Hogkeeper,

Just a thought. When the dealer welds on the chain hooks, be sure that he has also welded a strengthening bar to the top of the bucket so that you don't rip off the hooks or bend the top of the bucket. Good luck with your new baby.