Kubota LA243 Front Loader for BX2350 / Opinion?

/ Kubota LA243 Front Loader for BX2350 / Opinion? #1  

FrenchTractor

Please sorry for my English but I'm French and we have no good forum about tractors in France!

What is your opinion about LA243, the front loader for Kubota BX2350?

I need to use this tool for loading sand and gravels, for making more flat some places before planting grass, to carry stones and wood and perhaps digging ditches filled with sand deposits (not deep, only 1-2 ft).

Is it a good and solid loader?
How long does it take to put on and remove the tool?
Do I need a "weight" at the rear when the loader is empty?

Thank you for your help!

/ Kubota LA243 Front Loader for BX2350 / Opinion? #2  
It is solid for its size. It will lift anything you can fit in the bucket generally. Can't speak to taking on and off as I have mine on all the time. You definitely will need a ballast and, with the work you have in mind, a rear box blade would be a perfect choice.

/ Kubota LA243 Front Loader for BX2350 / Opinion? #3  
It's a really nice little loader. Works really well, sturdy and strong for its size. Removes or re-installs in less than a minute if you have a flat surface. You can probably manage with no rear weight when the loader is empty if you're working on relatively flat ground. You will need some rear weight when carrying heavy material. Use 4wd so the front wheels will have some braking effect.

/ Kubota LA243 Front Loader for BX2350 / Opinion? #4  
I've been pretty impressed with it for the size. It will definitely lift whatever you can fit in it (wet dirt, gravel, etc...). Yep, use 4WD because if you don't have enough rear ballast, the rear tires will not be able to hook up.

Sometimes it takes one minute to install, other times its more like 4-5. I still haven't figured out the secret combination of lift/curl to get the pins to engage every time. I only do it about 4 times a year...

/ Kubota LA243 Front Loader for BX2350 / Opinion? #5  
It's a really nice little loader. Works really well, sturdy and strong for its size. Removes or re-installs in less than a minute if you have a flat surface. You can probably manage with no rear weight when the loader is empty if you're working on relatively flat ground. You will need some rear weight when carrying heavy material. Use 4wd so the front wheels will have some braking effect.

Love the loader, just wish it was bigger ;)

I can run mine around all day empty without even thinking about putting the ballast on.
Even when I do small jobs like mulch or little bit of dirt here and there, I still will not even put the ballast on.
But if your doing full loads, it's definitely recommended and sometimes necessary to keep the back wheels from lifting up.