Dealer Dealing with dealers

/ Dealing with dealers #1  

MyCritterHaven

Tractor
shopping for 2910
Hi!

I finally figured out how to post, my first try ended up in cyber space some where! LOL

Question, should we expect to get the rebate off the list price? or the sale price?

The quote we got was 20% off list, but did not reflect the rebate. Would an offer of 20% off list, less the rebate for a tractor that has 8 hours on it be unreasonable?

Thanks!

/ Dealing with dealers #2  
I suppose that it sounds decent enough, but get more specific...what model? What area of the country? What kind of shape is it in? If those 8 hours were very rough and a very old model, then maybe it isn't such a good deal....

/ Dealing with dealers
We are looking at a 2910. We are in central North Carolina. The Tractor is supposed to be new. When I asked the salesman about the 8 hours, he said they came from test drives on the lot. I do not know how old it is, or the serial number. I did point out some small scrapes (slightly rusted)
and he assured me that they came from it being outside on the lot, and that they will be touched up before delievery.

Does this help?

/ Dealing with dealers #4  
Sounds like a decent deal... but keep them honest by checking around...it'll make you feel better about the deal...