Saved By Zero

/ Saved By Zero #1  

Tractor Factor

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25, BX1860
Ha ha, ok...dumb commercial.

But Kubota's 0% financing is what made the difference between me deciding to get a new BX25 instead of a used BXxx. There are lots of great used machines out there, but I found they really hold their value, cause they don't come cheap (which is a good thing). I would have bought a used machine with my home equity line of credit, and over a comparable time period the interest would have been $1500-2000.

The new features, warranty, and knowing the machine's maintenance history from day 1 are nice, too (especially the last two, for a guy who's not the most mechanically experience).

Thanks, Kubota. Your 0% really tipped the scales for me.

/ Saved By Zero #2  
0% is what did it for me too. Looked at a wide range of used tractors in terms of price and condition. Anything decent was priced high enough that I would have had to borrow money to pay for it. Especially for a first time tractor buyer, a new machine with warranty is very reassuring and I feel like I got more tractor for the money buying new with no interest.

Trivia fact: Saved by Zero was a song by the Fixx in the mid 80s.

/ Saved By Zero #4  
   / Saved By Zero #5  
0% got me into a bigger tractor -- with a cab. It's been 6 months and the power and the cab have been a godsend.

/ Saved By Zero #6  
All these cool pix make me feel bad I've already got a big Husky walk behind blower.:D When the new BX arrives, I figure
1* I'll just use the loader bucket some when needed.
2*Got to say that I am more than a little surprised that I don't see many tire chains in these photos. I thought I'd need them, but maybe with 4wd they're not so necessary?
1*A loader is not the best for snow removal.
2*Don't need chains with ag tires and 4 wheel drive normally.

1*My vote on what needs to be changed the most on a tractor: Rim Wax :D
1*O My-couldn't resist eh!

Ha ha, ok...dumb commercial.
But Kubota's 0% financing is what made the difference between me deciding to get a new BX25 instead of a used BXxx. There are lots of great used machines out there, but I found they really hold their value, cause they don't come cheap (which is a good thing).
1* I would have bought a used machine with my home equity line of credit, and over a comparable time period the interest would have been $1500-2000.
Thanks, Kubota. Your 0% really tipped the scales for me.
1*Not paying 1500 to 2000 bucks is always less than paying it.

/ Saved By Zero #7  
1*A loader is not the best for snow removal.
2*Don't need chains with ag tires and 4 wheel drive normally.

1*O My-couldn't resist eh!

1*Not paying 1500 to 2000 bucks is always less than paying it.

I'd call this post a non sequitur. Got me confused.

So, Tractor factor, you didn't say what you bought, or is that info in some other thread I haven't seen yet.

/ Saved By Zero
I'd call this post a non sequitur. So, Tractor factor, you didn't say what you bought, or is that info in some other thread I haven't seen yet.
Yeah, I think I made reference to it, the BX25. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Really, I'm not worthy of it.:D