Ordered a new BX1860 today

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #1  

BANDAMAN

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 318
Found a dealer that was willing to negotiate and gave me what I needed for my BX2230 trade in, so pulled the trigger on a brand new unit!

I'm getting a BX1860 with FEL and four-way valve, a 48" fine cut MMM, mulching kit, front grill guard and a set of Bars and Turfs with all the rears loaded. My mower isn't available until March 2009, but they have everything else in the states. Hopefully I will have my new machine in the next couple weeks and I will be sure to post plenty of pictures.

Nothing wrong with my BX2230, other then normal wear and tear from 285 hrs. Its been a fine machine and I hope I do not miss it too much. I took very good care of it and with my trade in, it amounts to costing me about $500 a year to have owned it.....its done a lot of work and has been a priceless amount of fun in that time, so I figured its been money well spent.

I'm in a much different situation than when I bought my BX2230 with FEL and 60" MMM. I doubt I will miss the 4 hp less in the new machine as I work it pretty light around my residential property. The 48" deck was the main reason for "downsizing" and even though I know its been done, no dealers around here would sell me a 48" deck to retro-fit to my 2230. The deck is $1550 anyway and it did not cost much more to get a shiny new machine with all the updates, zero hrs on the clock, and new warranty.

I'm tired of maintaining and storing multiple machines since I bought a JD Lx279 to take care of the tight mowing chores. Earlier this year I found myself wondering why I had 2 boats, 4 ATV's, two tractors, a trailer, and multiple other yard tools with engines...seems I am always changing the oil on something! I have since sold one quad, one more to go, and am going from two tractors to one, and I plan to continue thinning the herd until its much more manageable and allows for more fun time.

I'm pretty pumped! can't wait to get my new toy, I mean tool!

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #2  
Sounds like your gonna be set! Nothing better than getting a new toy,.. er I mean Tool!!! ;)

My 2230 is just set up as a mower but sure beats using the finish mower behind the L3240!!

Looking forward to your pics!

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #3  
Bandman, I got my BX1850 in early July, but I'm going Friday to test drive a BX1860 with serious intent to trade up (I guess you can say trade up). Will keep all my current implements. The reason I'm looking to do this is my dissatisfaction with the whiplash I get coming out of reverse with the 1850. I've talked with the dealer and the regional Kubota service rep and the issue with the 1850 is due to "dynamic breaking" inside the tranny, so it can't be adjusted out. I'll just add that my dealer and Kubota will be treating me fairly on the deal, assuming the test drive goes as I expect. The metal fenders and hood, plus ability to move the FEL or 3PH at idle will be bonuses. The 18 hp BX is all I need around my 2 acre ranch, er, subdivision plot :D

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #4  
Bandman, I got my BX1850 in early July, but I'm going Friday to test drive a BX1860 with serious intent to trade up (I guess you can say trade up). Will keep all my current implements. The reason I'm looking to do this is my dissatisfaction with the whiplash I get coming out of reverse with the 1850. I've talked with the dealer and the regional Kubota service rep and the issue with the 1850 is due to "dynamic breaking" inside the tranny, so it can't be adjusted out. I'll just add that my dealer and Kubota will be treating me fairly on the deal, assuming the test drive goes as I expect. The metal fenders and hood, plus ability to move the FEL or 3PH at idle will be bonuses. The 18 hp BX is all I need around my 2 acre ranch, er, subdivision plot :D

I made my deal with Kubota last month and so far I am satisfied with operation of the new 60 series.

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #5  
Hey, enjoy the...er, uh...new tool.

As for me, I'm gonna try to be careful about too frequent trade-ups, lest the wife decide to trade up on me.:D

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today
I read some of your posts about the abrupt stopping, and I am very happy they have addressed the issue in the 60 series. I checked out the BX1860 last weekend and was hooked! Like I said, nothing really wrong with my 2230, but it was showing a little age and had a few annoyances like creeping forward and reverse, hard to get into 4X4, poor loader performance at idle, light switches not working when wet, etc.....The 60 series has seemed to improve those items, plus going back to metal is great! I did not care for the plastic hood and fenders on the 50 series. The new loader valve is tucked away nicely and its easier to mount and dismount from the right side. They put a cool gas assist cylinder on the hood, the loader mounts are smaller and out of the way when the loader is off, the H style loader support is sturdier then the single sided ones, and the 3-point pivot is raised for higher rear implement lift. A few other things like 12-volt DC plug, better seating position, digital tach, hidden hyd hoses, etc, put me over the top. I'll hand it to Kubota for making enough changes to lure me back to the dealer so they could get some more of my money.

hey, I'm just doing my part to keep the economy afloat! LOL

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #7  
I read some of your posts about the abrupt stopping, and I am very happy they have addressed the issue in the 60 series. I checked out the BX1860 last weekend and was hooked! Like I said, nothing really wrong with my 2230, but it was showing a little age and had a few annoyances like creeping forward and reverse, hard to get into 4X4, poor loader performance at idle, light switches not working when wet, etc.....The 60 series has seemed to improve those items, plus going back to metal is great! I did not care for the plastic hood and fenders on the 50 series. The new loader valve is tucked away nicely and its easier to mount and dismount from the right side. They put a cool gas assist cylinder on the hood, the loader mounts are smaller and out of the way when the loader is off, the H style loader support is sturdier then the single sided ones, and the 3-point pivot is raised for higher rear implement lift. A few other things like 12-volt DC plug, better seating position, digital tach, hidden hyd hoses, etc, put me over the top. I'll hand it to Kubota for making enough changes to lure me back to the dealer so they could get some more of my money.

hey, I'm just doing my part to keep the economy afloat! LOL

My Christmas wish list includes a tach for my BX23.

Don

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #8  
bandaman,
congrats, on the bx1860 order. you will love it.

RE: christmas list - i've asked my daughters for a couple gallons of diesel under the tree, (they're 8 amd 9 years old)for my gift. i am trying to convince my wife (the warden) that our christmas picture be of our girls in the front end loader, raised atop the bx . . . it could be a new section of tractor by net-christmas themes with kubotas . . . yeah, that's it, that's the ticket!
shrekbelly

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today
My new tractor left the Texas Warehouse on Monday heading this way.......geez, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas! Is it here yet, is it here yet? LOL I hope the truck makes few stops along the way and I hope my dealer is ready to prep it when it gets here....I'm expecting it here in Iowa end of the week, but not sure when it will be ready for me. Were getting some white stuff today, guess I'll give the BX2230 one last workout.

My girlfriend said nothing I get for Christmas will compare...I think she's right :)

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #10  
bandaman,
congrats, on the bx1860 order. you will love it.

RE: christmas list - i've asked my daughters for a couple gallons of diesel under the tree, (they're 8 amd 9 years old)for my gift. i am trying to convince my wife (the warden) that our christmas picture be of our girls in the front end loader, raised atop the bx . . . it could be a new section of tractor by net-christmas themes with kubotas . . . yeah, that's it, that's the ticket!
shrekbelly
I'll take 55 gallon .
It don't have to go under the tree=just put it in here.

100_2582.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D