Backhoe options for a bx2660

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #11  
Starting from square one, it would have been cheaper to have gotten a BX25. Now that you've taken the initial depreciation hit, you'd loose $ to trade in on a BX25. There is no Kubota bh for this model, however the Woods BH6000 is slightly more powerful than the 'Bota BH on a BX 22, 23, 24, 25. If Woods doesn't have the subframe out for your tractor yet, I know that they will very soon. I have the Woods on my BX2200 and it's a fine implement.

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #15  
Don't worry, LB only has a few more posts to 10,000. Then he can go back to one of those credit boards that loved him so much.:eek:

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #16  
I think Keith was thirsty (swig) when he typed his reply..

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #17  
...I also am the proud owner of the BX2660. From what I've seen, the Woods and Wallenstein are among the best options. Woods has several design components that they claim make it superior to the Kubota BH, but that might be up for discussion.

Woods accepts a bit more pressure than Kubota. Also, all the Woods have curved boom. The BX22, 23 had straight booms, while BX24, 25 have curved. The Wallenstein is, I believe, a 3ph attachment. You don't want to go there. You want a subframe with a 4ph closer to the tractor chassis. The 3ph bh is set too far back; the frame is not reinforced; tortional stresses can wreck the 3ph and tractor frame.

One of my concerns with a BH is the seat and 3pt. How much of my tractor has to change to make one work and how much screwing around is it going to be to switch it on and off?

Seat swivel is easy and quick (2 seconds). Taking 3ph on/off has to be done regardless of Woods or Kubota, but is a 1-2 min. job once you know what you're doing.

Before I actually got my tractor I remember reading posts about the challenges connecting implements to the 3pt. Now that I have it, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I can swap rotary cutter to blade to ballast box in minutes with zero frustration. What can I expect with a BH?

This is true. It's even faster and easier if implements are on dollies on pavement.

I'd love to hear from a member that has an aftermarket BH on one of the new BX's and how they like it.

The Woods BH6000 is excellent. Just search for "BH6000" with no time parameters on the main search page in the Kubota Owning and Operating forum. You'll find enough threads on it to keep you reading for a very long evening.

/ Backhoe options for a bx2660 #18  
You might think about selling your current tractor and buying a BX24 or 25. I am always amazed at what some of the newer machines sell for. I also think the new financing might be better than it was. Either way get a backhoe...if you think you might need it you have no idea!