Kubota B73 Rear Work Light Kit

/ Kubota B73 Rear Work Light Kit #1  

Farmall45b

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 Kubota B2650 HSD Cab
I had my dealer install a rear work light on my B2320 when I purchased it. I went with the Kubota work light rather than fabricating my own because I have seen the Kubota lights on tractors and read posts by others regarding how nice and durable to Kubota lights are. When I got my tractor, the work light installed did not look like any that I have seen or read about. It looks like they took a cheap light and mounted it to a piece of steel that they had lying around the shop. The paint on the bracket was not even dry and only covered part of the bare steel. I was billed for a Kubota B7335 rear work light kit. I do not think this is what I received. Can anyone who has this work light post some pictures? Are there any dealers on here who could share what they have been selling and pictures if possible?

Attachments

• Work light 1.jpg
    Work light 1.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 1,745
  • Work Light 2.jpg
    Work Light 2.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 973
  • Work Light 3.jpg
    Work Light 3.jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 1,269
   / Kubota B73 Rear Work Light Kit #2  
It sure looks like the cheap work light they sell at any auto supply store. Mixed with a bent piece of flat stock and a 2" "U" bolt.

/ Kubota B73 Rear Work Light Kit #3  
It sure looks like the cheap work light they sell at any auto supply store. Mixed with a bent piece of flat stock and a 2" "U" bolt.

I agree, what kind of switch did they install? Where?

/ Kubota B73 Rear Work Light Kit
It is a very cheap looking light. There is a switch mounted in the light. The wiring is very poor and not watertight at all. All lights that I have seen have been pretty heavy duty and had a factory wire harness that runs to the rear work light conector on the tractor wire harness. The flat stock is very thin and has bent several times already. This is not what I thoght I was buying. It is not like the lights that I saw on the Kubotas at the state fair. I was billed for a Kubota light, B7335 however. I guess I am pretty dissapointed. Does anyone have a picture of a B7335 so that I can show my dealer and demad that I get the light that I paid for?

/ Kubota B73 Rear Work Light Kit #6  
It is a very cheap looking light. There is a switch mounted in the light. The wiring is very poor and not watertight at all. All lights that I have seen have been pretty heavy duty and had a factory wire harness that runs to the rear work light conector on the tractor wire harness. The flat stock is very thin and has bent several times already. This is not what I thoght I was buying. It is not like the lights that I saw on the Kubotas at the state fair. I was billed for a Kubota light, B7335 however. I guess I am pretty dissapointed. Does anyone have a picture of a B7335 so that I can show my dealer and demad that I get the light that I paid for?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a B7331 kit still in the box, and the lamp assy looks just like the one you have there, only the supplied bracket and instructions differ for installation on other tractors. It is not much of a light, nor much of a value for the money, but it appears to be correct except it looks like the dealer made a bracket for it to fit where they put it rather than where Kubota designates it go. The kit has very good quality hardware/brackets and instructions, but the actual lamp assy is just so basic. The kits are designed to mount without drilling using an existing unused hole, or using the bracket, hot and ground wire extensions (when/if needed) to make a quick install. Paint is not even needed as the brackets supplied are gold anodized/irridated for no rust. The 35 watt lamp (compatible with the low amp dynamo) is shown in the instructions to be used primarily to illuminate the 3pt hitch and PTO shaft area, and is in most cases not reachable from the seat, so it looks like the dealer tried to mount it in what I and most consider to be the normal preferred area, so he had to fabricate brackets. I would not be happy with your current setup, but unless the dealer grossly overcharged you on labor, I would not put all the blame on them; as the lamp is overpriced, Kubota does not show any pictures of them anywhere that I could find, yet they show plenty of pics of kits for the cab models, and the 4 wheeler/utility type vehicles. Kubota packages the kit, and it just has a poor choice of contents that would be perfect for base tractors going to 3rd world countries in the 1970's

Last edited:
   / Kubota B73 Rear Work Light Kit #7  
When I bought my BX23 I had the dealer install the rear worklight kit. It was orange with a stainless trim ring, built in switch and heavy duty mounting bracket factory painted the color of the rops. Last year I ordered two more to face foward on the rops from the parts dept. I got what you are showing in your pics. I returned them and found out that the original light had to be ordered through "wholegoods"...not parts. I did get the lights, but there were black and not exactly the same as the trim ring had an eyebrow and was also black. The brackets were the same. I was told Kubota must have switched suppliers because the kit number was the same as the original. I ended up painting them and they have been ok.
Larry

Here is a picture from a post by eb542. This is shows the B7335 work light mounted on his B2320. This is what I saw mounted to the B's at the fair and what I though I was getting. Can anyone else confirm this?

Attachments

• B7335.pdf
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,175
   / Kubota B73 Rear Work Light Kit #9  
The rectangular lamp you show is what the rear lamp assy in the cab models of the B3030 look like on some I have seen, some look just like the ones that come on the front of the B3030, which are similar at first glance to the L Grand lamps, but are not the same. The lamp assy (lamp head only)that you recieved is the current one used on several models as a dealer or customer add on; and I think Kubota has changed suppliers several times over the years, and it doesn't matter to Kubota that the units don't exactly match since any round pedestal/stud mount lamp head will work as long as it is within a given size, has both integral switch and a separate ground wire so either the stud or the second wire can be used as a ground as needed for all the different models over the years, and since all the smaller B series non cab models recommend adding only one rear lamp; it does not matter weather the actual lamp physically looks identical or not. I think your dealer either decided to mount it on the ROPS; and therefore had to make some brackets, or somehow wound up with just a lamp head (only) and used it with the fabricated brackets and between your salesperson (wholegoods), service manager, parts dept, and the tech who installed it decided to bill out the job by the kit number. The lamp you have is the one used in some kits, but it may or may not be the correct one for the B7335 kit. If you can't get the dealer to find you a picture, perhaps they can give you the contents of the kit as replacement parts; the lamp assy you have is listed as a 35305-3140-3 in the kit contents. These kits are designed for a very quick install, with no mods to the tractor; that is why they have several wiring extensions, and nice plated brackets. If you had all the tools laid out on a workbench; the lamp could be mounted in the Kubota specified location in 10-15 min total, so either the kit was wrong, an incomplete kit was used, or they decided to mount it somewhere other than the instructions specified. I would not be happy with that install; not so much whether or not the lamp is round or ractangular, but the sloppiness of the install.

So here is the story on the work light. After pressing the salesman at the dealer further and showing him the picture I had of the B7335 work light, he went and asked the service manager about my light. It turns out that the light mounted to my tractor is a B7331 light for the B2910, 2630, B3030 tractors. The B7335 light that I purchased has been on order since September. The shop foreman told the salesman that they just temporarily install the B7331 light on my tractor so that I would have something. When they get the right light in stock they are going to install it for me. Does anybody know what the deal with Kubota is lately? Everything I bough with my tractor seems to be taking months for my dealer to get or not even available, loader, high amp alternator, quick hitch, snow blower, front blade. They all had to be ordered and not all have arrived yet three months after purchasing the tractor? Had anyone run into a similar situation getting stuff for their new B?