Buying Advice Trade Advice....

/ Trade Advice.... #1  

harpoonalt

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota rtv500
I've had my BX2350 (BB, 60" MMM, FEL) for 2 years now. It's been a great tractor and more than paid for itself while we were building our house. However, while at the dealer for service, like many of you, my wandering eye got me thinking. That B2320 sure was a nice size, more room for me 6' 2", faster travel speed, no abrupt reverse, and just looked right to me. To make a long story short, to trade up to the b2320 equipped the same as mine above, the dealer wants $5000 and my tractor minus the BB. My tractor is in excellent condition (always garaged) with 250 hours. I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not. I've also heard that Kubota may help out on the trade if you've complained about the Reverse deal. If that's true, how much difference does that make?
The tractor is used to mow my lawn (1 2/3 acres) plus our developments roadsides on a 1/2 mile dirt road. I also sometimes help the neighbor with his 3 acre meadow and plow 3 driveways in the winter. I don't need a ton of HP but the increased travel speed would be nice when I head out to the end of the road to do projects or push the banks back in the winter. The BX works fine for my needs so I guess I'm just looking for opinions on the trade numbers and some advice from those who've done similar trades. Thanks!

/ Trade Advice.... #2  
It sure would make a nice Christmas present to yourself! :D

I don't know about values on them though. Post pics when you get the 2320.

;)

/ Trade Advice.... #3  
Your trade deal sounds better than anything i've been offered by a dealer in the past.

With that being said, i'd think about stepping up one more notch to the 2620 though. ;)

/ Trade Advice.... #4  
You can sure use a larger machine for your tasks. Having both traded and sold private, i think you do better selling private, in this area anyway?

/ Trade Advice.... #5  
I've had my BX2350 (BB, 60" MMM, FEL) for 2 years now. It's been a great tractor and more than paid for itself while we were building our house. However, while at the dealer for service, like many of you, my wandering eye got me thinking. That B2320 sure was a nice size, more room for me 6' 2", faster travel speed, no abrupt reverse, and just looked right to me. To make a long story short, to trade up to the b2320 equipped the same as mine above, the dealer wants $5000 and my tractor minus the BB. My tractor is in excellent condition (always garaged) with 250 hours. I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not. I've also heard that Kubota may help out on the trade if you've complained about the Reverse deal. If that's true, how much difference does that make?
The tractor is used to mow my lawn (1 2/3 acres) plus our developments roadsides on a 1/2 mile dirt road. I also sometimes help the neighbor with his 3 acre meadow and plow 3 driveways in the winter. I don't need a ton of HP but the increased travel speed would be nice when I head out to the end of the road to do projects or push the banks back in the winter. The BX works fine for my needs so I guess I'm just looking for opinions on the trade numbers and some advice from those who've done similar trades. Thanks!

I think you have went and are still going at this bass ackwards.
You should have had the B2320 during the house building stage.
Now that that's out of the way the BX2350 is ideal for the remainder.
I was going to buy a B2410 4 years ago but changed my mind and got a BX23 instead.
The BX 23 was more than enough tractor to handle the task I set before it.
I have about 90 percent of the work done now.
Would it really make sense for me to get a bigger B series now to do the 10 percent that I haven't gotten around to with the BX23.?:confused:
th_100_2557.jpg

I needed versitility not bigger so in Nov,2007 I bought these 2 Kubotas for about the same as what one B Series Kubota cost.
I'm sure that 1 Bigger Kubota B series would never provide me with the satisifaction that these 3 tractors provide for me.

/ Trade Advice.... #6  
I don't know about the trade value, but I just want to say this: Unless you are considering a lot of PTO implement work I don't think it's worth going for the 2620. I have a B7510 an it is more than enough for chore you listed. I mow 2 acres plow 400ft of drive, haul firewood skid in tree-length and in a trailer, power a 4 1/2" chipper shredder. I never had the need for more HP. You will lose traction way before you run out of power

/ Trade Advice....
I agree I don't need more horsepower. Don't really need to trade period. The B2320 just looks and feels the right size to me. The much faster travel speed would be nice to bomb the 1/2 mile out to the mailbox. It's for that reason that I'm soliciting opinions. I had heard that Kubota would sweeten the trade if they get involved because of the reverse issue. Curious if thats true. *** backwards? probably, but the BX did everything I needed and even impressed the excavating contractor who laughed the first time he saw the tractor. It's still the best thing I ever bought and seat time never gets old. I'll trade eventually, I just value the opinions of those who've gone before me and like to hears the pros and cons before I pull the trigger.

/ Trade Advice.... #8  
harpoonalt,
I did exactly what you are comtemplating and it sounds like you requirements are simular to mine. For me, I was very disappointed in my BX2350, everything from the aburpt stopping in rev, no lift at idle, plastic body parts. While at the dealership to pickup a filter, I test drove the 2320 and I haven't looked back. Though the BX is nice tractor, I much prefer the B's over the BX in everything I do. Hope this helps.

Steve

/ Trade Advice....
Thanks for the reply Steve. The abrupt reverse can be a pain and sometimes even dangerous. I never knew that the no lift at idle wasn't normal. I thought that's the way all tractors were. I,m interested in what you notice different about the 2320 and your general impressions of it as well. Opinions of my trade offer? I'm in no hurry to trade so I'm doing more research this time to make sure I do the right thing.
Tom

/ Trade Advice.... #10  
Don't know if you have been reading the forum but the feeling in general is as long as you can buy new with 0 % for 48 + months the trade value from dealers is going to remain low. They can sell new units at equal monthly payments because of 0 % interest. My new B3030 just arrived at dealers this week and that's what I have found in swapping my Bx2200.